What are the causes of the DSTT to freeze when loading games?

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by Random_user, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Random_user
    OP

Newcomer Random_user Member

Australia
    Trying to find out so I don't come across this.

Also, if we constantly turn off the NDS in mid-game, without going back to the main menu, will it cause it to freeze?

...in fact, does it cause any damage at all?

2. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    It won't cause damage unless it's saving to the microSD card when you turn it off (in which case it could corrupt the save file and/or microSD card).

There are many possible causes of games freezing, some human error and some hardware or software failures: incorrectly formatted microSD card, incorrectly installed kernel, corrupt microSD card, corrupt save file, not having your games in a "games" folder, not having enough free space no your microSD card for save files, using an older kernel, incompatibility of the kernel with the game (updates to the kernel would likely fix that), bad microSD card, bad DSTT hardware, etc.

-Bri

3. bb521

Newcomer bb521 Advanced Member

Canada
    this happens when you use too much space, be sure to leave 1/4 of the MicroSD card empty, and it shouldn't freeze, if its freezing for every game, take all the things out of your DSTT and put it in a safe spot, right click the disk in my computer, press A, and click on the one that its on, and choose FAT32, then press ok, put all things back in, and ur ok

4. Random_user
    OP

Newcomer Random_user Member

Australia
    Thank you. I've made sure that I've done the things listed above me correctly [​IMG]

5. WeaponXxX

Member WeaponXxX Too F'in Blonde

United States
    My DSTT Never freezes and its filled with 4 Gigs of games. I only play games with it though (No soft reset or anything like that)