Gaming What are the best storylines on the DS?

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm playing games that have been recommended by people all over the internet with a compelling, interesting, and creative storyline, and I've decided to touch up on some of the DS masterpieces. Can anyone be so kind as to give me a list of what their games with the best storylines are, or the list of others if you prefer? They may be old DS games but that doesn't matter to me. Thanks for your support.

Morgawr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I found soma bringer to have a nice story even though maybe it's a bit too simple... I liked it a lot.

Other games with a good storyline.. mm...Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2 (LOL) XD just kidding, that game's just a "fight till you fill up the book and you win the game" with no story at all, so stay away from that one if you want a good storyline.

I also liked Luminous Arc's story even though it's a huge mess of clichés, the first one being better than the second.
The World Ends With You (TWEWY) has got a some kind of original story, if you can stand all the J-POP crap and fashion stuff in the game, it's worth playing.

Probably there are some more, but they don't come to my mind at the moment ^^

BAHIM Z 360

B-but I'm not a new member :(
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Dragon quest IV DS
Final fantasy IV DS
Mugen no frontier super robot taisen OG saga (sadly this game is only japanese
dry.gif
but it would be relased in english soon )

i enjoyed these three games alot
biggrin.gif
!!

sa1amandra

Gazzaro Launching!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The story of Neku's confusing life in a game (TWEWY)
Cecil's Rebellion over Baron (FF4)
Phoenix Wright + Apollo Justice's reign in the courtroom

moogle87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did enjoy the story for ffta2. I'm not even sure why people bash it in that aspect, well, other than that it's not as good as tactics. Frimelda's quest chain just made me sad. I wanted to crush Addel the first time I met her. Watching Veis cast vanish for her first turn every time she showed up made me laugh. The game made me like the characters. That should count for something, right? Then again, I can't understand why people are recommending FFIV's story. Unless you enjoy how someone can strap a bomb to themselves, jump off an airship into a place that's covered mostly in lava, blow up and survive.

I also liked Professor layton's story. Sure, the villagers give you math homework for no reason at all, but at the end you really respect the man in the tophat.

You could also go with Trace memory and Hotel Dusk.

The DS has many, many tactics games. The good side about it is that those type of games usually tell a good story. Bad side, they take such a long time to complete.

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hehe, I've played most of the games mentioned and many of you are right, they do take a while to complete. The ones I couldn't beat or just lost interest in the gameplay, I had looked up on wiki or some other gaming site. I stopped playing some of the games mentioned but for the storyline I'll try my best to complete. Keep the games coming!
smile.gif

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
I liked Custom Robo Arena.. The story was really good..

Also Pokemon Ranger SoA

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Rings Of Fate.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

Those are really the only games that kept me going till the end of them..
smile.gif
I wish I could play them again but its not the same as when you do it the first time..
tongue.gif

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I find it very weird all the games I've played, none of them seem to have something that really "Woah, or wow'd" me.

FF4's story, personally, was good, not great.
Phoenix Wright series is very interesting, but the stories are always just murder mysteries, and doesn't really make me think that it's THEBESTEVER. Again, good, not great.
So far, in Soma Bringer, the story feels.... rather weak. No offence, since it's a fun game, but the story and some of the characters really feel weak in terms of a few things.
I guess TWEWY has made the most inpact, even though the first week was pretty meh. Joshua probably did the most impact, ha.

Of course, I enjoyed every one of those games, but I guess my standard is just too high, when it comes down to storylines and plots.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot. Advanced Wars: Days of Ruin. Despite some hating it for not having a lot of content, I absolutely loved the darker, and much more serious tone.

Nocturnius

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Final Fantasy IV

The World Ends With You. great game. unique story and OMG i did not see that coming plots lol. and jpop is not crap to who ever said that -____- fits the game perfectly. it takes place in japan what do you expect? english rock?
tongue.gif
lol

Taziz

Trophies
XP
Country
Phoenix Wright has a good storyline, since all the PW series are linked some how
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin has a nice story that I liked too

Morgawr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Nocturnius said:
Final Fantasy IV

The World Ends With You. great game. unique story and OMG i did not see that coming plots lol. and jpop is not crap to who ever said that -____- fits the game perfectly. it takes place in japan what do you expect? english rock?
tongue.gif
lol

The JPOP style and the pin fashion stuff was not essential for the game that does have a good storyline (I acknowledge that). The rest of the content though seemed just stuck together to appeal the thousands of fans that are fanatics of JPOP and attract teenagers (girls too) with fashion pins.. OMG IT SHINES! >_> bah
I think it dumbed down the game a bit and it made it less enjoyable... to me at least, since I'm a person that HATES J-POP and playing a great game for hours with the same music in my ears is just... annoying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr