What are some useful websites with simple Web pages?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Song of storms, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Song of storms
    OP

Song of storms GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 18, 2018
    Antarctica
    We're approaching the end of 2018 and the current design trend seems to be making things simple and minimalist, shown by a lot of companies updating their logos, for example. But web pages have been filled with crap and it's becoming unbearable, with pages that take forever to load because they need to load their 999 trackers or questionable eyecandy that could have been reached with a simple css edit.

I miss the times where you looked a website up and there was the website logo on the top, a sidebar on the left and the content in plain text. That's it. It's crazy that my phone with 2GB of RAM lags so much on the Internet.

Are there useful websites that offer "simple" Web pages without all the useless BS? I know Facebook mobile but that's it. Apps like Tapatalk would be great too. I know there was an app that picked news based on your interests and showed them in plain text but I forgot the name.

2. Song of storms
    This message by Song of storms has been removed from public view by AlanJohn, Oct 21, 2018, Reason: One word posts.
    Oct 18, 2018
  3. Song of storms
    This message by Song of storms has been removed from public view by AlanJohn, Oct 21, 2018, Reason: One word posts.
    Oct 20, 2018
  4. Song of storms
    Oct 21, 2018
  5. Gimzie
    This message by Gimzie has been removed from public view by AlanJohn, Oct 21, 2018, Reason: One word post.
    Oct 21, 2018
  6. smileyhead
    This message by smileyhead has been removed from public view by AlanJohn, Oct 21, 2018, Reason: One word post.
    Oct 21, 2018
  7. ry755

ry755 Fox

Nov 29, 2017
    United States
    California
    Right

On topic: Reddit is still kinda simple. I'm able to load it on my Powerbook G3 running Mac OS 8.6

Last edited by ry755, Oct 21, 2018
  8. Song of storms
    OP

Jul 18, 2018
    Antarctica
    The old reddit is :D but I don't like that website anymore. The community became so cancerous that's spreading fast to smaller subs too.

9. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    Most major websites nowadays would prefer you to use their apps instead. Partly to combat ad blockers, but for other reasons too. But generally give a smoother user experience.

10. tech3475

tech3475 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 12, 2009
    In some ways apps are worse from a privacy standpoint since they can potentially get access to things they otherwise couldn't e.g. phone numbers.

11. Song of storms
    OP

Jul 18, 2018
    Antarctica
    I won't download any app that requires access to certain parts of my phones for no apparent reason.

12. dAVID_

dAVID_ Carpinter's Apprentice

Oct 23, 2016
    Mexico
    The Game
    Good luck using Android iOS Any operating system.