What are some useful websites with simple Web pages?

Song of storms

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
We're approaching the end of 2018 and the current design trend seems to be making things simple and minimalist, shown by a lot of companies updating their logos, for example. But web pages have been filled with crap and it's becoming unbearable, with pages that take forever to load because they need to load their 999 trackers or questionable eyecandy that could have been reached with a simple css edit.

I miss the times where you looked a website up and there was the website logo on the top, a sidebar on the left and the content in plain text. That's it. It's crazy that my phone with 2GB of RAM lags so much on the Internet.

Are there useful websites that offer "simple" Web pages without all the useless BS? I know Facebook mobile but that's it. Apps like Tapatalk would be great too. I know there was an app that picked news based on your interests and showed them in plain text but I forgot the name.

Song of storms

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Right

On topic: Reddit is still kinda simple. I'm able to load it on my Powerbook G3 running Mac OS 8.6
The old reddit is :D but I don't like that website anymore. The community became so cancerous that's spreading fast to smaller subs too.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Most major websites nowadays would prefer you to use their apps instead. Partly to combat ad blockers, but for other reasons too. But generally give a smoother user experience.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Most major websites nowadays would prefer you to use their apps instead. Partly to combat ad blockers, but for other reasons too. But generally give a smoother user experience.

In some ways apps are worse from a privacy standpoint since they can potentially get access to things they otherwise couldn't e.g. phone numbers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over