1. Jonna

Jonna Some sort of musician.

Canada
    Damn, your opinions went from "YES YES" to "wait aww no" for me.

But yeah, DNF was fun, and I dislike that people take it at the value of being the amazingly hyped up for years game it was supposed to be, instead of taking it as just the next Duke Nukem game.

Memoir likes this.
  2. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    I used to be of the hivemind that Oblivion sucked.. But I truly never played it. Bought it on discount and found out its a better game than people gave it credit for. The 3d models and some of the animations were... Interesting... But it was a fun game.

New opinions of the day:

- The Virtualboy was ahead of its time. If Nintendo had waited 20 years and came out with it then? It'd have been a hit.

- I don't understand why people think Sony makes good systems. They're powerful, but the controllers pre PS4 are abysmal and they have a shitty online service.

- Cross platform play isn't hindered by KBM vs Controller. It's hindered by the toxic communities.

- Aim assist isn't an aimbot, if you claim otherwise you need your head checked.

Last edited by Memoir, Jan 17, 2018
    Stephano likes this.
  3. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Dick, With Balls
    Reviewer

United States
    I dunno if this is much of a controversial opinion, everyone I've seen who has played both always reaffirm that Oblivion is better than Skyrim, hands down. I think most of the people who claim Skyrim is better just haven't played Oblivion whatsoever, so their opinion is invalid anyways :P

Totally agree that Skyrim is overrated, especially stock, non-modded Skyrim. I will never understand how anyone can play through the stock game more than once or twice cuz everything is so monotonous and boring. If it weren't for the dozens of mods I use on PC, I would never have more than 20-30 hours in the game total.

Stephano likes this.
  4. 330

330 Banned
    Banned

Nauru
    Working with many people from the highs up, you have no idea how big the percentage of these bad ideas come from. And if you tell them that they will piss a lot of people off, they will say that the internet has short memory. Which is true, considering how the Xbox One has sold a lot of units.

Just be happy that someone got fired over that decision ;)

5. Stephano

OP Stephano pessimism = Realism

United States
    Their heads can't be checked because it got shot off by someone using an aimbot.

TheTrueDream42 likes this.
  6. MiguelinCrafter

United States
    Skyrim is a bad game

7. Perfect One

Perfect One GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Sincerally? I am happy that Microsoft even with so many sold xboxs, still have a long way to conquer everything they lost since E3 reveal. This show us how bad is a single company dominate everything is SO BAD.

That is also the same reason on why i took so long to buy a xbox one console.

It's good that any xbox one is a development hardware, but they only did that due to reason i wrote here and on my previous comments.

8. MiguelinCrafter

United States
    Crash bandicoot is very easy

9. Lmaokernel

Lmaokernel GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I actually liked Knack.
    And minecraft doesn't appeal to me at all

Sent from my toaster running Rebug

10. Perfect One

Perfect One GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    F1 Race Stars is almost an average game, and this is due to fact that ALL tracks have special/exclusive sections/paths which can only be accessed if you get a weird item (good luck on guess about where it appears on each track). Since i, like almost anyone else, very rarely can guess at first where such items are located, but, for our 'luck', AIs know where and when to get them on each track, so, with that, they get a GIANT advantage over any other racer. I see some people saying that this game is hard, but it isn't: it is just badly unfair on you or anyone else which don't get such 'special' item i described here.

That is sad, since i really enjoyed this game.

For me, the best racing game is, without any doubt(s), Modnation Racers: it let you create (and share online if you wanna) your characters, cars and tracks! Not to say that this game have a real hard AI (even on easy they are brutal! lol) which won't let you relax for so long on races, UFG (the game's creator) know how to make nice and, sometimes, challenging tracks, so many options and so on. Best racing game ever which is a must-have as a remaster on PS4! =D

11. MiguelinCrafter

United States
    Gran Turismo is overrated

12. HamBone41801

HamBone41801 Vipera’s Alt

United States
    I also enjoyed gen 5, but that was probably because It was my introduction the the series. Once I played soul silver, I almost immediately realized it was better.

13. Jokey_Carrot

Jokey_Carrot G̶B̶A̶T̶e̶m̶p̶ ̶A̶d̶d̶i̶c̶t̶ Heroin Addict.

United Kingdom
    neon genesis evangelion it's an anime you could watch it but not that good in my opinion

14. Polopop123

Polopop123 Banned
    Banned

Ireland
    You like Knack? Fuck the that shit man....KNACK 2 IS WHERE ITS AT BABYYYY

Lmaokernel and brunocar like this.
  15. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".
    Former Staff

Croatia
    Most games have terrible storylines.

slaphappygamer likes this.
  16. Stephano

OP Stephano pessimism = Realism

United States
    You would have to pay me to watch anime with VERY few exceptions. lol

17. MiguelinCrafter

United States
    I also enjoyed Knack

18. B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N

B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N protagonist of another story

Antarctica
    If you're talking about pure technical, polygon-pushing power in video games, then yeah, i'm inclined to agree there. A lot of games from the 8- and 16-bit era looked great then and still look great today, despite having a limited color palette. They worked within their limitations well, being particularly careful about their color choice, as well as being careful to accurately portray shapes and characters within their limited resolution. Some of them look better than a few games being made today!

However, if you're talking about graphical style and shaping an aesthetic, I'd be inclined to disagree. While nowhere near as important as gameplay in a video game, a good aesthetic creates ambience and molds expectations from players. If your game lacks a good aesthetic, people will inevitably be turned off from your game. Aesthetic is the reason why the aforementioned older games still look great.

This video from Extra Credits goes more in-depth regarding this graphics vs. aesthetic matter:

Long story short: while any person with a decent-enough system can push out high-poly models and environments, it takes an artist to craft them to both make them pleasing to the eye and enhance and reflect the gameplay of the game.

19. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    I got where you were heading but there was the chance for said snarky remark and I then had to take it.
    Perhaps a more useful version would be
    "I would have loved this game when I was 18 but time today, should I have a few weeks holiday and nothing to do then still would.

Better do another one for me.
    Gamestop are OK and I am OK with them continuing to do what they do. My only true misgiving with them is the removal of codes thing the other year. Staff treatment too but that is just retail in general these days.

20. MiguelinCrafter

United States
    Got a new one

Nintendo labo is actually a cool idea

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - controversial, opinions, gaming