What are some good places to find trainers?

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by GatorDeb, Apr 2, 2007.

Apr 2, 2007
  1. GatorDeb
    OP

Member GatorDeb GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks [​IMG]

2. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    No Frills, though I'm not sure how recently it was last updated.

3. GatorDeb
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the reply [​IMG] This is something I don't get though... NDS trainers add cheat functionality... i.e. the Metroid Prime Hunters (NDS) trainer adds inf energy, inf missiles, etc. The GBA IPS I've found make the carts work in more flash cards, but add no cheat functionality. I wonder why the difference?

4. Takeshi

Member Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    The GBA patches that enable the game on older flashcarts were necessary when the first flashcarts came out. I think it was because the memory wasn't fast enough, but I'm not sure. There are several save patches too, for when the carts couldn't handle newer savetypes.

But of course there are also tons of GBA trainers on No Frills, you just have to scroll down. [​IMG]

5. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Trainers start halfway down the page on psyfira's link. You can also grab them from http://www.advanscene.com/ (check under the game you want although you can also list trainers under advanced search).
    http://gba.dellicious.de/trainer.php?s=n&o=dsc&d= has some too but the site is having issues at the moment.

The other sort of patches do stuff like save patching or crash fixes.

6. Takeshi

Member Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    Yes, I definitely need to sort things out; switched hosting company since the old one was way to expensive. Maybe I'll get to it this afternoon. [​IMG]

7. GatorDeb
    OP

United States
    So I go to AdvanceScene and do the search thing and get an Astroboy trainer. I load it up, cheat screen! I select yes to unlimited energy and superpowers, hit enter, and IT FREEZES on a black screen.

If I didn't suck so much at video games I would give up on cheats, but oh no, one day you (cheats) will be mine!

Sigh [​IMG]