What are some games you wish got made for or ported to the PSP officially but didn't?

Megadriver94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PSP was Sony's first handheld console, and is overall the highest-selling handheld not made or designed by Nintendo(AFAIK). Despite the issues with certain models and media(1000/fat model easily got disrupted from whatever game or movie it was playing with physical jolts to it, PSP GO completely omitted UMD drive, Varying lengthiness of loading time between models, sub-par battery life when playing movies, no physical blank UMDs) it got quite a bit of 3rd party support, possibly better than the Game Boy Original's biggest contemporary rival, the Sega Game Gear, as well as decent homebrew support. Stuff like God of War, MGS Portable Ops, Assassin's Creed, a good number of compilations, Megaman Maverick Hunter X, Final Fantasy and some other good RPG series.

What are some games that were never ported to it or were planned to be made, or in development but got canned that you wish got an official release? :psp::psp::yay: :ninja:

Megadriver94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X2 and Mega Man Powered Up 2.
I think Megaman Maverick Hunter X2 would have a better chance than Megaman Powered up 2(unless maybe they dropped the super chibi style used in the first Megaman PU).

The Dragon Quest series should have come to the PSP; same for Shining force series and Snatcher.

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
I think Megaman Maverick Hunter X2 would have a better chance than Megaman Powered up 2(unless maybe they dropped the super chibi style used in the first Megaman PU).

The Dragon Quest series should have come to the PSP; same for Shining force series and Snatcher.
I'm still salty about Mega Man X Collection not getting the remixes for X1-X2.

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
For me i wanted a port of Star wars battlefront I but we never got it. And i also wanted a proper port of SWBF II which we did get but it was a really watered down port.

I also wanted to see Atlus release Persona 4 on the PSP but they diddnt which i am happy they decided to do since Golden is amazing on the Vita. In fact i actually wish they had released P3P on the Vita so that the full game can be played on the vita since as we all now the PSP version had missing cut scenes and the lack of player controlling outside of dungeons.

But back on topic, i also wanted R* to release GTA San Andreas stories on the PSP but they never released it on any platform and cancelled that project. Also i wanted rock star to release a proper port of Midnight Club LA on the PSP since just like P3P the psp port was watered down.

There are a lot of more ports that i wanted on the PSP back in its heyday. But it has been more than a decade since i purchased my PSP or PSPs (2 of them died :cry:) and i have moved onto other games on other platforms which have taken my attention and filled the gaping hole in my heart which some of the games i mentioned above left me.

tetrabrik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
at the time I cried a little when earthworm jim PSP got cancelled. such a good medium for comic style sh'mups

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte