Gaming What are some games that have furigana

fallinroxas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a beginning Japanese student. I've been living in Japan for about three months now and I wanted to know what Japanese games had furigana.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have seen a few (far more than there ever has been for the likes of the GBA and before) although the only one that springs to mind right now is the first DS zelda game. Hopefully a few others can start to make a list.

I know it is not exactly what you asked for but there are a far few "shonen" manga sourced games that are light on the kanji as well.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
All Level 5 games do if I'm not mistaken.
The Japanese version of both DS Zeldas as well as Golden Sun Dark Dawn have a feature that lets you tap kanji and see what they mean, it isn't exactly furigana though.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Pokemon is all in hiragana/katakana.

Frankly, since every damn Japanese word is a homophone with three dozen completely unrelated words, though, having tap-able kanji is a better choice.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Daigasso! Band Brothers DX's menus are in Kanji, but the song titles (It's a rhythm game) are in furigana, as is the karaoke. In my sig you can download a song pack for the game, and though the songs in the top packs have been romanized, the songs in some of the Other Packs folders are in furigana. Either way, even the romanized songs have furigana karaoke lyrics. There's also an english version of the game, titled Jam With the Band, if you want the English menus.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night