What are some games that have furigana

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by fallinroxas, Dec 20, 2010.

Dec 20, 2010
  1. fallinroxas
    OP

Member fallinroxas GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm a beginning Japanese student. I've been living in Japan for about three months now and I wanted to know what Japanese games had furigana.

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I have seen a few (far more than there ever has been for the likes of the GBA and before) although the only one that springs to mind right now is the first DS zelda game. Hopefully a few others can start to make a list.

I know it is not exactly what you asked for but there are a far few "shonen" manga sourced games that are light on the kanji as well.

3. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    All Level 5 games do if I'm not mistaken.
    The Japanese version of both DS Zeldas as well as Golden Sun Dark Dawn have a feature that lets you tap kanji and see what they mean, it isn't exactly furigana though.

4. fallinroxas
    OP

Member fallinroxas GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Well at least that helps. I like kanji but it's sometimes hard to remember the reading lol.

5. regnad

Member regnad Button Masher

Japan
    Pokemon is all in hiragana/katakana.

Frankly, since every damn Japanese word is a homophone with three dozen completely unrelated words, though, having tap-able kanji is a better choice.

6. Rubedo

Member Rubedo Aikawa is OLEV

United States
    Daigasso! Band Brothers DX's menus are in Kanji, but the song titles (It's a rhythm game) are in furigana, as is the karaoke. In my sig you can download a song pack for the game, and though the songs in the top packs have been romanized, the songs in some of the Other Packs folders are in furigana. Either way, even the romanized songs have furigana karaoke lyrics. There's also an english version of the game, titled Jam With the Band, if you want the English menus.

7. Rubedo

Member Rubedo Aikawa is OLEV

United States
    Edit: Posted that in the wrong thread XD
    That's what I get for having so many tabs open.