MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I listed a shit-ton of Pokemon cards I'm selling on Kijiji, and someone offered me a PSP with games and $150. Is this a good deal? Just looking for some insight, as I don't know what they're worth. If they're worth more, I'll tell him to shove it. It seems like a good deal to me, but like I said I know nothing about the values of these things.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, depends on the card. And that's not a shit-ton. I've got a box of about 2,000 Pokemon cards, as well as a drawer of at least 1000+ MtG cards.

There's quite a few rare cards like the first edition of Charizards, if they're shiny. But honestly, MtG cards sell for a lot more, namely because there's quite a few one of a kind or limited circulation cards from tournaments.

Black_lotus.jpg

That card, depending on the quality of it, can sell from $700 to $20,000. No joke.

Anyway, on topic, Ebay is usually a good place to find out the price of rare Pokemon cards.

EDIT: And oh yeah, that's a good deal. I'd take that deal, since I've got tons of Pokemon cards I never use and dearly want a PSP
smile.gif

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I already have a PSP, but my failed modification attempt (changing the UMD door resulted in me breaking it royally) has resulted in me needing to get a new one. Not that I use the door as my games are all ISOs, but it's still just an annoyance that I want to solve. But if it's a good deal, I'll make the trade after class.

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
some cards sell US$100 to a thousand depending on the card. so if you can list them or give us an idea on what your cards, we might tell their prices.

I got a magazine that tells the prices of each card though it's limited to the fossils and earlier than that.

I would offer you anything right now for those cards if it interest me but since i no longer collect, I'll keep my offers to you.

since your "friend" is offering you his psp and some things, I would ask you if you're interested on pokemon cards. if no, get his PSP. that's a simple question.

MtG has no use to me but to my brothers so I can just throw away any MtG he gives me. This is just an example on your situation.

Pokemon Cards are expensive if the card is right so think carefully

PS: Havent seen the links. I'll see them myself and edit my post

UPDATE:

I dont know what that person has drunk but to me he's sure a collector. movie promo are expensive (correct me) so I would definitely sell it at a higher price. same goes to everything rare from you.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, these are older ones, so could you take a look at them? I listed some of the rarer ones I have (most holofoils and some marked with a star) in the first post, so what does your magazine have to say about them?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chris_Skylock said:
some cards sell US$100 to a thousand depending on the card. so if you can list them or give us an idea on what your cards, we might tell their prices.

I got a magazine that tells the prices of each card though it's limited to the fossils and earlier than that.

I would offer you anything right now for those cards if it interest me but since i no longer collect, I'll keep my offers to you.

since your "friend" is offering you his psp and some things, I would ask you if you're interested on pokemon cards. if no, get his PSP. that's a simple question.

MtG has no use to me but to my brothers so I can just throw away any MtG he gives me. This is just an example on your situation.

Pokemon Cards are expensive if the card is right so think carefully

PS: Havent seen the links. I'll see them myself and edit my post

UPDATE:

I dont know what that person has drunk but to me he's sure a collector. movie promo are expensive (correct me) so I would definitely sell it at a higher price. same goes to everything rare from you.

Heh, I still have the Ancient Mew (second movie?) and Dragonite (first movie) promo cards. I wonder how much they sell?

I'd happily sell my 2,000 Pokemon cards for a PSP. I don't give two shits if I'm being ripped off, do you really think I'll use my Pokemon cards anymore? And the price of Pokemon cards has plummeted since Pokemania ended. But with Magic cards, there's always a very devout fanbase who collect the cards.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:
Heh, I still have the Ancient Mew (second movie?) and Dragonite (first movie) promo cards. I wonder how much they sell?

I'd happily sell my 2,000 Pokemon cards for a PSP. I don't give two shits if I'm being ripped off, do you really think I'll use my Pokemon cards anymore? And the price of Pokemon cards has plummeted since Pokemania ended. But with Magic cards, there's always a very devout fanbase who collect the cards.
Hell, my younger brother got a Shining Raichu once, 3-star rarity, but stupidly traded it off for the 2nd edition holofoil Blastoise that I'm selling.
tongue.gif

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
did i mentioned "I used to have a magazine" before we were flooded here?

I'll look at it again since I didnt cleaned our house since we returned home.

also, take note that the longer the cards are alive, the more expensive it is so the prices should be updated. The prices are also SRP on retailers but not sure about it being pre-owned.

I remember a US$200 price tag on one of the base cards in my magazine. The magazine is pokemon beckett collection mar. 2002 volume 4 number 3 issue 31

UPDATE:
the prices are in fact, as confirmed, SRP. ()which are 5-40 US$ with 1st edtion charizard as $200 as of 2002. today is 2009 so it's definitely expensive

But as a collector, I would definitely will trade something like a PSP or a Wii for those cards.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raika said:
deanxxczx said:
omgpwn666 said:
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksi...-All-Categories

According to eBay they dont sell for the greatest,except that insanely overpriced one... lol

You mean this one

do you think anyone would actually buy it?
ph34r.gif
The seller is mental if he thinks that anyone would buy it...
And if there is a buyer, that fellow is either an avid fan of pokemon or is insane.

Yeah. From my small bit of research, Pokemon cards are pretty much shit now.

It's like baseball cards. They used to be really popular (and expensive) but nowadays aren't so much. Granted, baseball cards can probably still sell for thousands, but that's because they're baseball cards. The Pokemon TCG was a spinoff to a series that was getting spinoffs left and right to suck in their huge (and temporary) audience. The TCG was actually really damn fun, though. It just hasn't had enough time to really ferment into collector material and doesn't have as many rares. With Magic, they produce a lot of limited edition cards that they give out at tournaments as well as having 20 years of the game behind it. With that, it has a huge audience (since it is the most popular collectible card game ever), tons of rare cards, and a lot of history.

Still, if you have like 10 rare cards for Pokemon, that's still like $70-$100, depending on the cards.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
We have a store in New Zealand called Vagabonds, And they sell figurines and such, and shit for card games, and they offered my Brother 150$ for a holigraphic Charizard card, So i mean... 150$ for something he brought for about 10$ Sweet deal

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have this old book that tells you the value of all the cards up to the Jungle set. It was horribly outdated even at the time, and the prices were ridiculously overvalued ($240 for 1st Edition Charizard). The funny thing is, now the book's prices are freakishly accurate as long as you divide everything by 10.
tongue.gif

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'll never understand cards. I mean, cards for the price of a brand new plasma TV? or a car?

Would you like a car, or this ultra-rare shiny Pikac-

Car please.

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just so you know those cards you listed alone are worth around 500-600 USD and those are just the ones you listed so shove the psp guy off

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs