1. efjayel

OP efjayel Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I finally hacked my Wii U so it can play GameCube games through Nintendont. But my only options are the official Nintendo Classic controller pro and the Hori brand GameCube style controllers that also function like classic controllers since they also connect through a wiimote but neither come with analog triggers. And Super Mario sunshine requires use of the analog trigger to control spraying water.

Did anyone ever release controllers that connect via wiimote and also contain the analog triggers? Or is there some other option to get Super Mario Sunshine functioning without the analog triggers?

Dazzcooney likes this.
  2. THEELEMENTKH

THEELEMENTKH GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Spain
    iirc on Nintendont if you hold the L button the ZL and ZR buttons get registered as "Half pressed" L and R buttons respectively

jojones88 and Glyptofane like this.
  3. Tomobobo

Tomobobo Champion.

United States
    The Classic Controller (NOT THE CLASSIC CONTROLLER PRO) has analog triggers.

And a gamecube controller using a gamecube to usb adapter should work too.

Last edited by Tomobobo, Dec 29, 2018
    hippy dave likes this.
  4. efjayel

OP efjayel Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    thanks for that.
    EDIT: After some testing, this works only for the Classic controller pro but not the HORI brand controller. Thats odd and disappointing.

Really?

I tried that, it didnt work. Do I need some kind of patch or newer versions of nintendont or something to get the USB adapter working? I have Mayflash version of the USB adapter btw..

Last edited by efjayel, Dec 29, 2018
  5. Tomobobo

Tomobobo Champion.

United States
    Hmm, I'm pretty sure the newest Nintendont will have support for analog triggers using the gamecube adapter. You sure your little switch on the mayflash adapter isn't set to PC?

6. efjayel

OP efjayel Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I didnt realize it had a switch. But yeah it works now that I updated to the newest build of Nintendont. Thx.

Although I still have the problem of not getting the HORI brand wiimote classic controller to use that half pressed function. Is there an INI i need to edit to get that working? and if so, where and what do i edit?

7. Tomobobo

Tomobobo Champion.

United States
  8. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

United Kingdom
    Are the triggers on the Wii U gamepad analog? If so, use the Nintendont forwarder on your Wii U - which allows using the Wii U gamepad on GC games.

9. efjayel

OP efjayel Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Thx.

They're not analog. But this option sounds cool. Got a link on how to setup the fowarder?

10. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

United Kingdom
    It's probably the best way (imo) to play GC on Wii U, and also gives you the option of playing remotely on the gamepads screen. Start with the info from this post...

11. efjayel

OP efjayel Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    thx :)

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - GameCube, triggers, Sunshine