Hacking What are my options for restoring my Wii to a US firmware?

icefox2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I won't go into detail of how it happened but the main point is by downgrading and then system formatting I had somehow managed to get stuck on a 3.3 EU firmware and I want to get back to my original US firmware so that I can play my games. As of now I can not play any of my US games because it is set for a European firmware. So I already ordered my modchip but I want to know what are my options? Download a PAL Twilight Princess disk and run the hack again or is there some other way via auto bootable disks or something anyone know?

OmniSlash2o6

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
icefox2 said:
I won't go into detail of how it happened but the main point is by downgrading and then system formatting I had somehow managed to get stuck on a 3.3 EU firmware and I want to get back to my original US firmware so that I can play my games. As of now I can not play any of my US games because it is set for a European firmware. So I already ordered my modchip but I want to know what are my options? Download a PAL Twilight Princess disk and run the hack again or is there some other way via auto bootable disks or something anyone know?
Can't you just downgrade back to US firmware lol? Or use Starfall to make your wii region free.

TheFlyingMoose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OmniSlash2o6 said:
Can't you just downgrade back to US firmware lol? Or use Starfall to make your wii region free.
He can't because he formatted his wii.
grog.gif
Oh and icefox, just wait for your modchip, burn the PAL Twilight Princess and have the PAL twilight hack, and install the homebrew channel. From there, use one of the many homebrew tools to change your region back to NTSC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol