What are my entrypoint choices for an O3DS running FW 7.2.0-17U?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Author, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Author
    OP

Author ****NEWS**FLASH**** 1 /̵͇̿̿/'̿-̅-̅-̅''

Aug 30, 2014
    GBAtemp
    I'm looking to buy my classmate's 3DS that has this FW. Am I able to install CIAs onto it and stuff like that? What Ninjhax entrypoints can I utilize?

2. dark_samus3

dark_samus3 GBAtemp Addict

May 30, 2015
    United States
    Well you don't even need ninjhax anymore honestly, yes that firmware is perfect for installing CIAs, you can use rxTools to downgrade MSET and get FBI going and if you want you can use gateway launcher to create an emuNAND (you don't need the gateway to do this) and you can install any CFW you want (I recommend Cakes personally) there are many guides including mine, but that's currently in overhaul so I won't recommend that atm hope this helps :)

3. Author
    OP

Aug 30, 2014
    GBAtemp
    Helped a lot. Thank you for your quick reply, but, I am not able to afford a Gateway. Do I need this to install rxTools or anything else? That's why I asked especifically for Ninjhax, as it is the easiest to use at the moment. ty for bearing with my noobiness

4. samiam144

samiam144 Régulier

Aug 19, 2007
    Canada
    You don't need the Gateway cart, just the menu, which is accessible for free. As dark_samus3 said:

5. legofan623

legofan623 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 3, 2011
    United States
    Puyallup, WA

samiam144 likes this.
  6. Author
    OP

Aug 30, 2014
    GBAtemp
    Been quite tired lately, that's why my response was badly worded. Thanks for pointing that out for me, haha.

samiam144 likes this.