Hacking What are my choices for playing backup games on my wii u (US) with 5.5.1?

roveer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a Wii-U (USA) with 5.5.1. I'd like to play my backup games. Not really interested in emulators for other products, just Wii-U. What is simplest and easiest to play these games what I'd like to put on a HDD attached to Wii-U? Thanks.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use the internet browser to load loadiine.ovh and load the Homebrew Launcher from your SD card. From there, you can use WUP Installer to install Wii U games you downloaded using Wii U USB Helper.

Alex4U

i like pancakes
Trophies
Website
www.google.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
Use Internet Browser to load loadiine.ovh (aka homebrew launcher) and WUPInstaller GX2 Mod, you can install games with WUPInstaller and it will be in your USB/HDD or your NAND.

roveer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Learn to read? I mean WTF? A simple forum search surely would have answered this question 50 times over. Either way what they said

Nice!!! 20 ways to do it, years of posts, who knows what goes in 2017. You do, I don't. I asked a question to get latest information. I got it. I also got you, but you didn't contribute, you just trolled. Thanks to those who helped.

Reactions: Xeroyamil

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice!!! 20 ways to do it, years of posts, who knows what goes in 2017. You do, I don't. I asked a question to get latest information. I got it. I also got you, but you didn't contribute, you just trolled. Thanks to those who helped.
If you look at my guide it always tells you the last update I've done. Last update was today.

I understand there is a lot of info. I've tried to make it all understandable and updated. You know if the last update is old that something bad has happened to me (or there's nothing to update) because I keep it updated regularly.

Last edited by Kafluke,

roveer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you look at my guide it always tells you the last update I've done. Last update was today.

I understand there is a lot of info. I've tried to make it all understandable and updated. You know if the last update is old that something bad has happened to me (or there's nothing to update) because I keep it updated regularly.

Awesome!!! I'll be into your guide big time learning how this all works. For right now I have a homebrew running and am able to play games, but its bringing up many questions... I'm sure I'll learn more as I read more.

Is it possible for games downloaded from the Wii-U USB Helper program to be loaded into homebrew loadiine GX2? Is there a conversion? I'm sure I'm saying this all wrong, and I'll learn the correct terms as I read and learn more. Thanks.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome!!! I'll be into your guide big time learning how this all works. For right now I have a homebrew running and am able to play games, but its bringing up many questions... I'm sure I'll learn more as I read more.

Is it possible for games downloaded from the Wii-U USB Helper program to be loaded into homebrew loadiine GX2? Is there a conversion? I'm sure I'm saying this all wrong, and I'll learn the correct terms as I read and learn more. Thanks.

yes. u need to decrypt them first though. I can't recall if USB Helper has a decryption option, but it probably does. most apps like that do. u should get the code, content, and meta folders once they're decrypted. it will decrypt the content once everything has been downloaded. I think the .tik is what's needed for this process as I did it with zelda a while back.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

loadiine is a very outdated method to play games, you will have huge loading times and some games dont even work on loadiine if you have cfw you isntall the games with wup installer if you dont you use the brazilian method.

roveer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes. u need to decrypt them first though. I can't recall if USB Helper has a decryption option, but it probably does. most apps like that do. u should get the code, content, and meta folders once they're decrypted. it will decrypt the content once everything has been downloaded. I think the .tik is what's needed for this process as I did it with zelda a while back.

loadiine is a very outdated method to play games, you will have huge loading times and some games dont even work on loadiine if you have cfw you isntall the games with wup installer if you dont you use the brazilian method.

Great information... Can you make a suggestion as to what would be a good direction to go in? As I said, I'd like to put backups on a HDD and be able to play.

D

Deleted User

Learn to read? I mean WTF? A simple forum search surely would have answered this question 50 times over. Either way what they said
Stop turning our place into another unrespectful piece of shit aka 3DS homebrew discussion, thanks.

Also @OP give my guide a read, I cover everything from Browserhax to CFW and backup games. (It's in my sig)

Reactions: godreborn

roveer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those who are pointing me to their guides. Thanks!!! I'm more than happy to do the reading, it helps me learn how this stuff all works. I'll give them a read and hopefully decide on what's best. It seems for Wii U hacking, there are always multiple options all of which have their plus's and minus's. Sometimes it's hard to tell from a guide the clear path I should take. This is where I can get a little confused. For example. I decided I wanted to Hack my Wii-U at around 2pm on Saturday and after watching a bunch of videos on Youtube (most of them labeled "for 2017") I ended up with Loadiine which I'm now told is old and slow. It goes to show how there are many different directions you can go and it can get confusing as to which path to follow. That's why I came here to ask questions. I know you guys get asked the same question over and over and that's why I got flamed early in this thread, but it honestly is confusing when you are all of 2 hours into this scene which you guys know intimately. I'm pretty good at boiling down what is best for my situation, but not before asking a bunch of questions and carefully listening to the answers. This is part of my research and usually brings me to what is best.

I'm sure there's a post or guide out there someplace that says "for mid 2017, these are the outdated methods, these are to current methods and these methods do this, and those methods do that". I just have to find my way through to the right information. You hobby changes fast and often, so it's not surprising that even the best guides can fall out of date rather quickly.

I look forward to inhaling this information and having some fun with my Wii-U which doesn't get that much use any more. Thanks for all your patience and input. I do very much appreciate it.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look again at my guide. The last update (in red at the top) was yesterday. I know there are lots of choices. That's why I made a decision chart for you at the start. Give it a try and then come back and ask questions, and stay away from YouTube videos.

D

Deleted User

Mine is always up-to-date.
I only update it when critical homebrew/exploit was found. Other than that, it's like every up-to-date guide now but with different wording and text and elements to understand.
Give mine a read and also give wiiubru.com/guide a read. You will be guaranteed to know almost everything. [Same goes with Kafluke's guide]

Reactions: Kafluke

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1