Hardware What are all the details announced for the Wii U?

Silvrsun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What exactly is it going to be like? I'm hoping there aren't motion controls in most games, or at least a small amount of motion controls. Motion controls kind of ruined Skyward Sword for me, but I loved motion in Wii Sports. There's a screen on the controller - why? Lol all I know about that is it lets you play without a TV but.. I don't want to play multiplayer games with family on controller screens lol. That doesn't sound too fun. Can you use the TV without the controller screen? How will you use motion with such a huge controller? Will there be a virtual console with GameCube games?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
(numbers added for clarity)
1. What exactly is it going to be like? I'm hoping there aren't motion controls in most games, or at least a small amount of motion controls. Motion controls kind of ruined Skyward Sword for me, but I loved motion in Wii Sports. 2. There's a screen on the controller - why? Lol all I know about that is it lets you play without a TV but.. I don't want to play multiplayer games with family on controller screens lol. That doesn't sound too fun. 3. Can you use the TV without the controller screen? 4. How will you use motion with such a huge controller? 5. Will there be a virtual console with GameCube games?
1. linky to a random youtube video explaining the details of the controller. On the console specs itself, there has been some speculation. Technologically, it seems "better than the current generation". How much really depends on the source.
Since there is also a pro controller announced that looks pretty much like an xbox controller, I doubt it'll feature much games with motion controls.
2. it offers features for developers ideas to use. A demo on zombiu (the batman demo also features some features).
3. it'll depend on the game. Once again: since there's a pro controller (that doesn't have the screen), I expect at least a reasonable amount where the controller screen won't be needed (optional or something).
4. see the zombiu trailer. Also: I've heard that the thing is pretty light compared to its size.
5. no confirmation. Seems likely, though. EDIT: not true. Check Midna's post below.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
5. no confirmation. Seems likely, though.
http://www.nintendogal.com/2011/07/19/nintendogal-com-interviews-amber-mccollom-e3-2011/7180/
>Actually the GameCube discs will not be compatible with Wii U, but a number of the games that were playable on GameCube can be downloaded from WiiWare.
This comes straight from NoA's loose tongued Director of Entertainment & Trend Marketing, and apparently Nintendo has since made a statement on the matter to say that there is no official statement on the matter. It's something, though

filipepw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
regarding motion controls, the Wii U supports the Wii's controler, i think Reggie, said it in the last E3
its safe to say that, being Nintendo we talk about, games will have multiple control option like, pro controler, motion and gamepad options
and depending on the game play of each game, developers will use those they think are suitable

my expectations are very high, its the most inovative game system ever built i think, really redefines things

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x058JFZrlhU&pp=ygUMREJaIGFicmlkZ2Vk