What antivirus should i use

Nevin007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
a lot of people don't know this but if you are in college or even someone you know in college then you can probably get free antivirus they provide for you. I go to UofM Dearborn and they provide free mcafee virus protection.

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a lot of people don't know this but if you are in college or even someone you know in college then you can probably get free antivirus they provide for you. I go to UofM Dearborn and they provide free mcafee virus protection.

There are a couple websites that get you free subscriptions to all Anti Virus software. Hmm i think the websites are called torrent...
unsure.gif

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Linux barely has any viruses. Even if it did, wouldn't they be ineffective?

1) Linux users are computer informed, 9/10 times they will easily get rid of the virus
2) The virus doesn't know what type of distribution or kernel the user is running prior to infection...

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They do exist, but the method of delivery isn't as easy as Windows. Also, there are fewer linux users that click stuff haphazardly compared to the larger relative Windows users that do the same.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't recommend running any antivirus crap. I certainly don't.

EDIT: The best anti-virus program is to teach yourself not to be an idiot. Don't ever click any flashing free ads. Don't go to questionable websites. Learn that it's best to Alt+F4 or Ctrl+Alt+Del a window instead of clicking "Yes, I would love for you to install this malware on my computer" and the "No, go f yourself" button conveniently opens up another box. Stuff like this and you're fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls