What anime are you watching/planning on watching?

D

Deleted User

Finished the Second Season of Dr. Stone a few months back.
Cross-checked with the Manga; everything is coming along nicely and I've paced my own reading of it to keep track of the next Season and not much more.

That is probably the last decent Anime on MyAnimeList's 2021 Schedule as there aren't really that many good ones this year.

I am waiting for the Second Season of Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Kayou. It is a decent and straightforward Series with a good sense of humour and a Harem storyline.

In the meanwhile, I am going on Netflix to catch up on Pokémon Journeys: The Series and will watch Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Eternal.

Last edited by , , Reason: Wording.
Reactions: Mama Looigi

Mama Looigi

If you read this, I'm now your mother
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I started Kakegurui-
I have two words about this show:
Dear god

The incredible darkness reminds me of Beastars, as well as the music.
The show’s utter insanity and feeling is something similar to the artist Kikuo.
I- love it

Oh and I tried that Bunny Girl Senpai show because... I don’t know why?- certainly isn’t my style so far, but the comedy is helping me quite a bit to enjoy it

Reactions: Deleted User

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I started Kakegurui-
I have two words about this show:
Dear god

The incredible darkness reminds me of Beastars, as well as the music.
The show’s utter insanity and feeling is something similar to the artist Kikuo.
I- love it

Oh and I tried that Bunny Girl Senpai show because... I don’t know why?- certainly isn’t my style so far, but the comedy is helping me quite a bit to enjoy it

If you enjoy Bunny Girl Senpai, I'd also recommend Oregairu. Similar, but a bit snarkier with its humor.

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Well it’s a perfect 10 for whoever’s out there that has those fetishes :ph34r:
anime creators trying not to shovel their fetishes into their works
E28760C5-E2F1-4329-A811-BB521D40E88C.gif

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been keeping up with much new stuff other than Dragon Quest The Adventure of Dai now that Attack on Titan and Dr Stone are done for now. I still need to watch the new Sailor Moon movies and Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan on Netflix and was planning to watch SSSS.Dynazenon through other means soon as well.

I've been on a classic manga kick lately after discovering the Tachiyomi app and am specifically enjoying reading through Robot Detective and looking for some other Ishinomori works of which I've purchased a few such as his A Link to the Past adaptation, Gorenger, a single volume of Cyborg 009 (probably going to download the rest), and Japan, Inc. His original Kamen Rider manga will release as a collection later this year too.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
another season closes and the summer season has begun

so we have at least my watch list (filled with sequels):

my hero academia s5 2nd cour (no surprise, hopefully the action picks up, last 2 cours was a bit boring)

reincarnated as a slime s2 part 2 (3 straight seasons of slime boy, cant complain)

dragon maid s2 (finally, we thought the the day would never arrive and its finally come, dragon maid shorts was an appetizer last season now time for the main course)

hamefura s2 (more lighthearted isekai, continues where last left off, not sure how they will keep running on now that the main premise seems to have been avoided)

how a realist hero rebuilt the kingdom (isekai similar to log horizon but even more focus on politics, economics, and world building, been reading the ln so will watch it)

the honor student at magic high school (spin off / repeating the story from miyuki's pov, I like the main series so will watch it)

the maybe pile:

Jahy-sama (an anime is finally being made of those meme pics that you keep seeing, I will probably move this up to watching, hoping its similar to gabrial dropout)

girlfriend girlfriend (romcom, looks decent, read a bit of the manga so will check out the first couple of eps)

Remake our Life (this looks a little too simular to re:life, will see if its any good)

love live superstar (I watched the previous seasons but felt like it was torture watching them tbh, 1st/2nd season was good then after that... the same repeated bs stories season after season just will different girls with pallet swapped hair and eye colors)

aquatope of white sand (another original pa works anime, they have done well it the past with original works and it looks well animated)

Last edited by Joe88,

Mama Looigi

If you read this, I'm now your mother
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Started Sword Art Online because every VR fan and their mom loves that show. I gotta say, it was so much better than I expected.

Finished Season 4 of My Hero Academia

Still haven't started Jojo's part 4 but I spoiled the entire thing for myself just like every other part... I even spoiled part 5 for myself because I was too impatient.

What else
Finished Kaguya-Sama: Love is War. That show brought me actual happiness :cry:

Finished season 1 of Konosuba- I can't find season 2 subbed anywhere but crunchyroll... but I prefer to avoid crunchyroll because I get more ads than show on every episode

And lastly
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.- is TAKING OVER MY LIFE I love it too much

Reactions: Joe88

zeroultima6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Watched Shimonetta a while ago, it was... something else, did it just to get it out of my system (i mean out of my head)
Planning to watch: one piece in its entirely if i can, berserk (1997), konjiki no gash bell, and....can't think of anything else for now

Last edited by zeroultima6,

angelicshadowdemon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Not really an anime watcher, me.
Not technically an anime, but I do plan on watching Castlevania S4 sometime. Watched first two and loved it, didn't watch s3 because uh... let's just say given what I know about the plot there I would NOT have enjoyed watching it at all.
In terms of actual anime, been planning to catch up on Beastars s2 (Was going to watch it with someone but that ended up falling through) and I recently hyperfixated on JoJo's Bizzare Adventure so I'll be watching that with a friend sometime soon.

HippyJ3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Uhh,... American Darkstalkers? Does that count as anime?
EUg_aaxXsAAFGvV.jpg

Still can't forget the opening line, "Your blood will run cold"
Yeah, anyone's blood will run cold alright if they're familiar with the source material.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: For real for real