What am I missing Ocarina cheat not working. What are Hooks?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by capple123, Mar 2, 2011.

1. capple123
    OP

Newcomer capple123 Member

United States
    I have never used them (Cheats) but my son wishes to try some. I have CFG Usbloader 65-222. I downloaded the txt file. Selected the cheat. Save the file. and Enabled the Ocarina for the game. I left the Hooks set at the default ( vbi ). Can someone shed some light for me what these do? He wants moon jump in his game but when the game is loaded everything is as normal.

2. Hells Guardian

Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Google is your best friend yo. Ocarina is simple to use. Frankly try the latest release of Wiiflow it has a built in download and cheat management system It makes cheating easy. It's not hard to figure out just check the setting menu for the game and you'll find the options.

3. ddetkowski

Member ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    with ocarina choose VI buggy to enable cheats

4. Hells Guardian

United States
    So thats how you enable them in CFG? Correct me if I'm wrong but there isn't a need to change the hook type at all. If I'm not mistaken the hook is only needed for the debugger..... Cheats do function without the debugger being loaded too.

5. capple123
    OP

United States
    Been using CFG USB Loader for ever with no trouble. Looks as if it has the down loader and manager as well. Seem not to do anything when I applied the code for the game. I was looking for maybe the one bit I'm missing. I can't seem to find anything when using google so either I'm missing am obvious step or I need to load the game with a special IOS?

6. ddetkowski

Member ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    In my usage of using ocarina, cheats would'nt work if I did'nt set the hook type to vi buggy, either using Neogamma, for discs, or CFG usb loader off external.
    Just make sure you choose your cheats you want enabled, save as gct I believe, hook to VI buggy, and your game will auto load with the cheats enabled.

7. Hells Guardian

United States
    thats odd. Perhaps it is your hook. are there game specific settings in CFG loader? if so look at them and make sure you have ocarina enabled.

8. capple123
    OP

United States
    Well we got some to work but needed to use the Code Manager on our PC. Then create the GCT file and placed it here usb:\Codes\GameTitle.gct. I then browsed the USB card for the codes created by CFG USBLoader. There where found here usb:\usbloader\codes\GameTitle.gct. Could the added folder layer be the problem? I would not think so since when the game loaded before it said it found the file. Anyhow he is happy for now.

9. Slimmmmmm

Member Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

United Kingdom
    My idea to autoset the hooktype could be handy in cases like this, but no one is interested [​IMG]