Hacking What am I doing wrong? I want to transfer my Eshop game saves to another SD card

Starzboy77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to figure this out since 3.0 Ultra GW came out and I now have a huge headache.

I have a 9.2 XL. (USA) I purchased Fire Emblem: Awakening and Paper Mario Sticker Star from the Eshop. 2 weeks ago, in anticipation of the Gateway update, I used the backup save data option within system settings/data management to back up my FE:A and PP:SS saves.

3.0 came out. I copied all files from my SD card to my PC. I then formatted Emunand and everything seems to be just fine. I have a larger SD card I want to use since I want to install .CIAs. I have tried to format Emunand on this larger SD card and transfer over all my backup files from my PC. I redownload the games from the Eshop (for some reason only some of my nes downloaded games from being an ambassador carried over, the Eshop titles purchased are not showing and so I have to redownload them) but when I goto the restore save data option within system settings/data management in either Sysnand or Emunand it says there are no backups. I have also used the Emunandtool to inject my nand to the larger sized SD card before transferring the backed up files and still not working. I have tried this multiple times and it is just not working.

What am I doing wrong? When I start FE or PM it does not have my saved data. I really just want to figure this out so I can transfer everything to my larger SD card and then eventually downgrade to 4.5. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide as I am going crazy here.

Edit: I want to add that when I insert my smaller (original) SD card my Eshop titles show on the homescreen and I have my save data intact. Also my backup save data shows in the restore data option within system settings/data management. Why is this not transferring over to the larger SD card. Both the actual Eshop games (Fire Emblem and Paper Mario) and their save data backups?

Cartman401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Copy the save files directly from your SD card backup onto your new SD. Its tricky to work out which is the correct folder if you have a lot of games though.

In the Nintendo 3DS folder there is a subfolder that is a long string of numbers and letters - check this against your backup. If they are different, then you are out of luck. If they are the same, then carry on :D

Dig down into this subfolder and find a folder called Title. Here is where all your downloaded apps are. I believe all the eshop games are in another folder called 00040000. IN here is a whole load of folders, each one is a downloaded title as far as I can tell. each one has a different number and it is hard to tell which is which game. Anyway, inside these folders is a data folder that contains your save files.

Good luck, it took me a while to restore my saves in a similar way!

Starzboy77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your post. I have already looked in these folders and the .sav data IS there on the NEW SD card. All folder names seem to be the same between the old and new SD cards. I don't know why they are not registering in the 3ds.

Starzboy77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have noticed that in my Nintendo 3ds folder and in the subfolder there are two subfolders with more number and letters. My old SD card has all files in one of those folders. The NEW SD card has all the files in the other sub folder? I am not sure why this is the case? I am copying all contents into the other subfolder to see if that helps. If not I will try to just rename the folder that everything was copied to to the name of the other subfolder and see if that works. Not even sure if this makes sense to a reader. Hard to explain.

Starzboy77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Copying the files over to the other subfolder worked!!! Thank god! Both the Eshop games and the saves are working fine. Thanks!

Reactions: tjexp

Starzboy77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are wrong. I downgraded to 4.2 and then used my retail Luigi's Mansion cart to upgrade to 4.5. Still have 9.4 emunand WITH my game saves!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a