Hacking What about r4 SDHC Dual-Core (new) Compatibility ?

will1983

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ive been looking around used marked to find a r4 and ive found this r4. (https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxMjAx/z/w~sAAOSwZqZaNaUd/$_59.JPG)

On some website (gbatemp, ) it clearly state that his cart is not supposed to be compatible with ntrboot, but on https://3ds.guide/ntrboot it say that it supposed to work . who have the right info ?

R4iSDHC Dual-Core 20XX 3.9b: September 3, 2019 <= 11.6.0 <= 1.4.5 All R4iSDHC 20XX flashcarts are identical.
The "new" is the 2013 model, and ntrboot only supports 2014 and above. I recommend this cart since it's cheap and it's known it works

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 2014+ r4isdhc.com cards have RTS as well but it's buggy, the UI is slow, is limited to 12 or something skins, has much worse homebrew compatibility etc.

Not to shill for the r4isdhc.com cards, but all RTS implementations are some degree of buggy by the very nature of how they work. The UI is slower, but the zoom function can make it easier to jump quickly to the game you want; programs also actually load slightly faster than my R4i Gold 3DS RTS. I think at least on mine it'll graphically glitch the theme selector if you move it all, and I think it only supports 4 themes at a time. As for homebrew compatibility, the only thing I've seen not working with it is the moonshell's return to firmware. Is there more than that? I mean, the ezflash 3-in-1 doesn't work with it directly, and I've never tried GBAExploader, so is that it?

In any case, yea, go for the flashcart that doesn't have the time bomb. :)

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
its actually the 2012 model, but the 2013 model is also not supported
I think that the New sticker got used until half of 2013 or something. They changed it shortly before the 2014 release.

Not to shill for the r4isdhc.com cards, but all RTS implementations are some degree of buggy by the very nature of how they work. The UI is slower, but the zoom function can make it easier to jump quickly to the game you want; programs also actually load slightly faster than my R4i Gold 3DS RTS. I think at least on mine it'll graphically glitch the theme selector if you move it all, and I think it only supports 4 themes at a time. As for homebrew compatibility, the only thing I've seen not working with it is the moonshell's return to firmware. Is there more than that? I mean, the ezflash 3-in-1 doesn't work with it directly, and I've never tried GBAExploader, so is that it?

In any case, yea, go for the flashcart that doesn't have the time bomb. :)
All homebrew that use NitroFS don't work. The wood kernel has this "zoom" feature as well.

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The 2014+ r4isdhc.com cards have RTS as well but it's buggy, the UI is slow, is limited to 12 or something skins, has much worse homebrew compatibility etc.
That's why YSMenu exists :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But the r4isdhc.com cards are shit. It's better to get a R4i Gold 3DS Plus (r4ids.cn).
Since he needs it for ntrboot, he might as well get the cheapest one

Reactions: senkunmusashi

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That's why YSMenu exists :P
It's ugly and has less features.

Since he needs it for ntrboot, he might as well get the cheapest one
I still think that people should get the R4i Gold 3DS Plus. It's easier to use and is good if he decides that he wants to play a DS homebrew/rom.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The

trecko1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, thanks a lot for all your advice. I think i will go with that one. Anyone have any experice with this website ?

http://3ds-flashcard.com/home/72-r4i-gold-3ds-plus-.html#/microsd-no_sd_card
There are shills for that website in these forums and on reddit, so I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot stick. Stay with the GBAtemp sponsor, http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=575

I just recently ordered that card from them after using this card to install my cfw with and am waiting for it in the mail. The r4isdhc card isn't that great as an actual flashcard (it gets the job done but theres better options) and the ordering process through paypal was sketchy (someone emails you saying to send X money to this address and DO NOT PUT ANYTHING IN THE MESSAGE LINE) but it's understandable due to the global legality regarding flashcards. The person who emailed me was very helpful and was a real person, instead of an automated process. You're going to get a lot of differing opinions on where to order it from but i'd stay with places that

1. are able to ship to you
  2. are cheap
  3. dont shill out on other websites

Last edited by trecko1234,

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There are shills for that website in these forums and on reddit, so I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot stick. Stay with the GBAtemp sponsor, http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=575

I just recently ordered that card from them after using this card to install my cfw with and am waiting for it in the mail. The r4isdhc card isn't that great as an actual flashcard (it gets the job done but theres better options) and the ordering process through paypal was sketchy (someone emails you saying to send X money to this address and DO NOT PUT ANYTHING IN THE MESSAGE LINE) but it's understandable due to the global legality regarding flashcards. The person who emailed me was very helpful and was a real person, instead of an automated process. You're going to get a lot of differing opinions on where to order it from but i'd stay with places that

1. are able to ship to you
  2. are cheap
  3. dont shill out on other websites

I agree, like you and all other people say, while the payment procedure is a bit sketchy, it's understandable for what they're selling (and you pay via PayPal anyway), but the important thing is that they do actually ship to you once you pay.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

till think that people should get the R4i Gold 3DS Plus. It's easier to use and is good if he decides that he wants to play a DS homebrew/rom.
The install procedure for ntrboot is the same regardless of the cart you use...

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All homebrew that use NitroFS don't work. The wood kernel has this "zoom" feature as well.

I see. I don't believe I've ever used anything with NitroFS, so I've never ran across this problem. Where is the "zoom" feature for the wood kernel? As much as I first disliked having all backups in one folder for the R4iSDHC Dual Core 20xx (for OCD reasons), I ended up liking it after a while because the hourglass allows you to quickly jump to the right backup vs having a giant list that's hard to quickly scroll through or a bunch of nested stuff to get to the last played ROM (and the favorites list is no real substitute). So, I'd be curious if there's an equivalent zoom for wood.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I see. I don't believe I've ever used anything with NitroFS, so I've never ran across this problem. Where is the "zoom" feature for the wood kernel? As much as I first disliked having all backups in one folder for the R4iSDHC Dual Core 20xx (for OCD reasons), I ended up liking it after a while because the hourglass allows you to quickly jump to the right backup vs having a giant list that's hard to quickly scroll through or a bunch of nested stuff to get to the last played ROM (and the favorites list is no real substitute). So, I'd be curious if there's an equivalent zoom for wood.
Just press "select". It switches between big icons with actual filename, big icons with header information, small icons with header information and no icon with actual filename.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning