Gaming What 5 games would you like to see coming for the switch?

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I didn't list any current Nintendo IP's because I know they are all coming to Switch sooner or later, example:

Metroid - Pretty much confirmed but we don't know if it's Prime, 2D or 2.5D.
Animal Crossing - Skipped the Wii U and highly likely coming to the Switch.
Pokemon - Has been rumored, listed and mentioned almost everywhere for the Switch
Smash - Is coming to the Switch.

All this plus in a recent interview Reggie said Nintendo will at least provide one game of each for their most popular current IP's on the Switch, which is all of the above plus more...

It's only third party and older Nintendo IP refreshes I'm slightly worried about.

Last edited by Nemix77,
D

Deleted User

• Kirby
  • Pikmin
  • Paper Mario
  • 3D Mario Maker (Odyssee level editor???)
  • SMW sequel
  • Luigi's Mansion sequel
  • Mother Sequel
One can dream, eh?
I agree with most of this. What does SMW mean and 3D Mario Maker would be too difficult to create (imo) and would be hard to make levels for

AgentMcMuffin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with most of this. What does SMW mean and 3D Mario Maker would be too difficult to create (imo) and would be hard to make levels for

SMW is Super Mario World. It never received a sequel, sadly.

3D Mario Maker wouldn't be too hard if it used the SM3DW engine. It's all isometric. They could just do some kind of block based terrain editor and then you could place shit and set if screen scrolls, etc. I could see them doing all kinds of awesome stuff with it.

D

Deleted User

SMW is Super Mario World. It never received a sequel, sadly.

3D Mario Maker wouldn't be too hard if it used the SM3DW engine. It's all isometric. They could just do some kind of block based terrain editor and then you could place shit and set if screen scrolls, etc. I could see them doing all kinds of awesome stuff with it.
They could, but the design of fan levels would be a lot more difficult and may push some people away. Now, if they just tagged on a 3D Level editor to 2D mario maker, and then completed all the missing parts of 2D mario maker, I could appreciate that

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Where did they confirm Metroid?
Please, give me sauces.
I may even buy a second switch for this.

Too lazy to look anything for you.

Watch OBE1Plays on YouTube, he gave many rumors that turned out to true from his sources.

Some things can still change but Reggie said himself in a recent interview as stated above nothing Metroid in particular but at least one game per current popular IP for the Switch.

AlexanderLS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two Zelda games that don't have frame rate drops and fragile equipment.
3 Mario games.

If they could make the above I'd buy the switch.
I'm not thrilled with the frame rate dropping overly open ended Zelda game.
I genuinely dislike the Zelda 3d games, they all seem to be endless and grindy.
The 2d Zelda games tend to be beatable over a few Saturdays. They tell a good story from start to finish and are not overly sidequesty like the 3d games.

Last edited by AlexanderLS,

steven89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i would love to see few racing games on the switch tbh a sims games with expansions would be nice as well, i was so disappointed when the sims didnt get a port on the wii u.

Last edited by steven89,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Super Mario Galaxy 3?
Brand new Pokemon main series.
Animal Crossing (Not some crappy boardgame)
A good mario party (BAHAHAHAHA.... *cries*)

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was looking through some of my older games, and there's actually a lot more than anticipated that I'd like to see on the switch. Another series I'd like to be revived especially would be the Baten Kaitos series. Good old card-based (least for combat) RPG's.

Reactions: sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Was looking through some of my older games, and there's actually a lot more than anticipated that I'd like to see on the switch. Another series I'd like to be revived especially would be the Baten Kaitos series. Good old card-based (least for combat) RPG's.
Monolith FTW.

Reactions: s157

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Monolith FTW.
Squaresoft made a pretty big mistake not to listen to tetsuya takahashi. That company he founded has produced some pretty good stuff and basically a subsidiary of Nintendo with some of the biggest games under their name (well, mostly xenoblade and they did work on botw too).

The xeno games could have been property of square enix. Scary thought

Last edited by s157,

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Chances are everyone probably already has a copy of it. Or two. Or three. It definitely would be nice on the switch too though.

I have them all, every single one from GTA 1.0 msdos. I don't understand your point. I still want to play it on my Switch. I haven't seen a portable one since Chinatown wars on DS and Retro City Rampage just isn't the same although it's a pretty good game in itself.

tumblr_inline_n41opoWlBp1qhyh96.gif

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have them all, every single one from GTA 1.0 msdos. I don't understand your point. I still want to play it on my Switch. I haven't seen a portable one since Chinatown wars on DS and Retro City Rampage just isn't the same although it's a pretty good game in itself.

tumblr_inline_n41opoWlBp1qhyh96.gif

Oh, was referring to GTA V. Some people have like 3 copies- one on their X360/PS3, one for PC, and one for their XOne/PS4.

Actually, that might be moot point then. If people are willing to buy multiple copies of GTA V, then what'll stop em from getting one on switch?

And yeah the older GTA games would be amazing on the switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse