We've seen upgraded and "lite" versions of other handhel

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by nikkuchan, Jul 19, 2011.

1. nikkuchan
    OP

Member nikkuchan GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    But I can't imagine a "3DS lite" or anything like that. I can't imagine the 3DS being smaller or thinner. It's size is pretty efficient already, so what is going to change when Nintendo releases the inevitable 3DS upgrade? The only thing I really want changed on the 3DS is battery life, and for that Nintendo could just release a first-party battery with longer life (and there's also the Nyko option already).

So, if there's a second 3DS in the future, what could be changed? What do you want?

EDIT: It seems my topic name didn't entirely make it. Apologies.

2. DigitalDeviant

Member DigitalDeviant GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I want bigger screens, better camera's (come on nintendo my phone has more megapixels), better battery life(might not be possible without making the system bigger.

3. Karaflaga Tumeeg

Newcomer Karaflaga Tumeeg Member

United Kingdom
    I would like better battery and better cameras.

Iwata said they are not intending to release a hardware revision 1 year later as they did with the DS because the console is slim enough at present (or words to that effect).

4. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    if nintendo know it's going to print money they will make it, i wouldn't take what they say as solid tbh.

5. sergster1

Member sergster1 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I would HATE if nintendo did this. The 3DS's analog stick is PERFECT the way it is. At least with the 3DS I dont have to worry about the damn analog stick popping out if I put it in my pocket (has happened to me twice but I found them however my friend actually lost the analog stick for his BRAND NEW PSP less than a week after purchase)

6. Izzy011

Member Izzy011 The Business Bitch

United States
    There is room for improvement on the console. If they ever do make a new revision, I wonder if any retailers would have any trade-in offers

7. chris888222

Member chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Singapore
    I hope for:
    A second circle pad on the other side.
    Capacitive touch (but the current one is good enough actually)
    Better camera quality, maybe 3 mp. With a head tracker

Personally I find the analog just right, and also really comfy. Battery wise, well, it's better than my XL now (which only lasts about 4 hours after a full charge, no idea why)

8. Necron

Member Necron Lurking~

Chile
    No, they want to keep it gimmicky [​IMG][/lol]

Biggers screens and a better analogue. Oh, and fix the supposed desing errors

9. nikkuchan
    OP

Member nikkuchan GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    This will never happen. As nice as that sounds, the control would never be changed. The rule is that every system should be able to play all the games regardless of the model. If a new 3DS came with a second analog, and games started using them, what would people with the older 3DSs do?

10. camus24

Newcomer camus24 Member

Colombia
    I think woukd be nice more battery, best cameras (just with 2 MP i'm happy), and fix the screen problem, it gest dirt when is closed de 3ds, is awful to had to cleaning every time (I use a piece of paper between the screens to avoid the dirt )...

11. brandonspikes

Member brandonspikes King Erazer

United States

I stopped reading here, how can you even say the PSP stick is good?

12. HateBreed

Member HateBreed GBAtemp Regular

United States
    all we need now is the 3ds XL.

13. Snailface

Member Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Antarctica
    They need to release a lite edition with 3D removed to save cost (maybe charge $150) and up the battery life. Keep the current model as a "Deluxe" version and drop it to a reasonable $200.

That's Ninty's best shot at competing with iOS and Sony.

14. Pippin666

Member Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Canada
    The size is perfect for me. XL version wouldn't fit in a/my pocket. I would feel very stupid to bring an iPad size gadget to count my step when I go out.

Also, for the analog stick, I think Nintendo's or Sony's are perfect. It's just a matter of what you got use to first.

The size of the top screen could be a quarter inche biiger on the left, right and top side.

The microphone needs to be put back right in the middle of the hinge. Having the mic at the bottom, I feel not right blowing at the bottom, in the middle you just blow at the console easily.

Pip'

15. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    Going have to stick using different controls that all.

Without nit picks, XL and more battery life.

16. jalaneme

United Kingdom
    i don't like the look and feel of it, when i am using it, it makes a horrible creaking sound like it's going to snap, horrible *urgh*

17. jalaneme

United Kingdom
    i've had the 3ds for over 3 weeks and i am still not used to it, face it, the button placement is horrible.
    i am sure they have the tech to improve the battery life, for example my ds lite and dsixl can hold a charge for weeks after i left it for long periods and i get a good few hours out of it too, give it a couple of years and nintendo will improve it, look at how bad the original fat ds battery life was like?

also for the indicator lights they can still be put all in one place, it's not that hard currently the indicator lights look out of chaos.

the 3d indicator dosn't do anything, it dosn't need to be there.

18. The Pi

Member The Pi Lurker

United Kingdom
    Cause a 3DS without 3D is a great idea.

There will obviously be a revison but not for awhile (a few months after the Vita release is a good guess)

Personally, the cameras definitely need some improving, aswell as the battery (it's not awful, but could be better)

Perhaps a second camera on the front (for 3D Video Chat or something)

19. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    You don't have to buy it.

Anyway, I'd love a bigger console, and especially one that makes the touch screen the same size as the top screen. Second, I'd love an alternate version that puts the circle pad below the D-Pad or puts it on the other side, not necessarily as a 3DS Lite, but as an optional other version of the 3DS. Also, one that doesn't make DS games look like crap. That is all.

20. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    I didn't think you haven't got used to it = the button placement is horrible.
    Meaning just because you have not got used to it doesn't mean it button placement is horrible.
    Where would you place the buttons?

You do know they don't make the battery right?
    Well yea, either the batteries improve due time or the the 3ds get bigger.

Not so sure.

There some games where there are only 2d cut screens (or 2d only anything else) it would cut off.

3D Led tells you that you have a choice between 2d and 3d when on and 2d only when off.