Hardware Western Digital - My Passport Elite 500GB

astr0z0mb1e

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been searching the site & do not see too much about the Elite. more stuff about the essential. Anyways BestBuy has this on sale for $59.99 this week, and I may pick one up if I can use it.

I am just going to format to all FAT32 and use the Backup Manager to add the files. I guess I can also add the Wiiflow files to the HDD and it should be okay. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

WD Elite 500GB

Here is some more info:
Running 3.2U Wii with latest Cios & Hermes v.5

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know the wd passport 500 gig works because its my current setup for my wii, as for this elite i cannot garentee, but i don't see why it shouldn't work

astr0z0mb1e

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Maybe I will just stick with the essential, since many people like that one & seems to work with no problems. Really. Thanks.

PS - Do you think I should just use WBFS & not Fat32 since the HDD will only be for the Wii? Thanks. Also I ahve the latest Wiiflow & it has like 222, 223. 224, 250 etc... should I use one specific on in my apps folder? Thanks.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
The cool thing about FAT32 is it's an established file system, there are tools for recovering it, if you need to copy anything to or from it you don't need to use any third party tools, just mount the drive in your OS of choice, etc. If anything goes wrong with your WBFS drive and it gets corrupted, what are you gonna do? Depending on whether you kept everything well backed-up, cry probably. Also, FAT32 keeps you open for possibilities like loading homebrew from the drive, running SNEEK/UNEEK+DI and DIOS-MIOS, etc. I'm not really sure what the pros are of WBFS.

hybridLearner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had been using wbfs for quite some time now, worked great. Recently upgraded hd's and did the new one as fat32 and love it for the reasons listed above. I would totally recommend fat32 as it seems to make everything much simpler.

astr0z0mb1e

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks again, any idea which Wiiflow I should install. I DL'ed the 254 beta & I have a few options. I want to add the app to the HDD so I can have space for covers & stuff and not file up the SD card. I have ben looking for tut on how to add it to HDD and what I need to do.

Thanks again.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
afnuke said:
everyones going to tell you fat32 but wbfs works just fine and has never let me down on WD hard drives.
i have wd mp 320gb and i have same never any problems using wbfs i even have it parted so i can still use it on my computer for storage etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)