Western Digital My Passport 1tb LOCKED UP!

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by fishykipper, Jan 3, 2010.

Jan 3, 2010
  1. fishykipper
    OP

Member fishykipper pkmn breeder

United Kingdom
    Hello to all, hopefully this is in the correct section, this time!

I have a 'Western Digital My Passport Essential 1tb HDD Drive', which has somehow locked up (can not be accessed by the wii, nor by my pc or mac.
    On my PC, that HDD would normally show up in the My Computer section and i'd add new games to it using wbfs manager. But now it just doesn't show up, when the drive is added to the PC, it makes the usual 'new hardware found sounds', but it just wont show up due to the drive being locked.

Theres a small icon on the front of the HDD which shows a small lock.

Ive been in touch with WD customer support and they tell me theres no way of unlocking the drive without their correct software installed on my computer, which I have, and i've re-installed it on numerous occasions. But for some reason im just not able to access the drive...!

Im asking today, if anyone know of any software/shareware/third party software which will enable me to access the drive on either pc or mac, either remove the password/restrictions, or just format the drive??
    It would be a great shame to loose all the date, but id rather that, then to buy a whole new drive.

Cheers for taking the time to read this.
    Happy new year
    jack

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Try the Control Panel:Administrative Tools:Computer Management:Disk Management in windows or Disk Utility in Mac

3. air2004

Member air2004 Air

United States
  4. fishykipper
    OP

Member fishykipper pkmn breeder

United Kingdom
    wow, thats reply looks helpful, i'll give it a read through!
    cheers for taking the time to help me!