Western Digital Harddrive

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by RedFire128, Aug 30, 2010.

Aug 30, 2010

Western Digital Harddrive by RedFire128 at 7:15 AM (898 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. RedFire128
    OP

Newcomer RedFire128 Member

United States
    Trying to get this piece of crap to work with the HBC. I'm running into a problem though. I can only format it to either NTFS or exFAT, but it needs to be FAT32 to work with the HBC. Can anbody here explain to me how to make a FAT32 partition ?

2. PeregrinFig

Member PeregrinFig A miserable little pile of secrets

United States
    Run a Command Prompt as administrator, and enter "format /FS:fat32 X:", the X being the drive letter. If that doesn't work (or if I got the command wrong, in which case I apologize), then there's a program called Swiss Army Knife that should let you format. Good luck, hope you get it working. I just had to format my new HDD myself earlier, but I did it in a drastically different way, and it took forever. Formatting it to fat32 should be a lot easier than wiping and recreating it, then formatting to WBFS was for me.

3. RedFire128
    OP

Newcomer RedFire128 Member

United States
    Thanks man. Didn't think i'd get a response so quickly.

4. cobleman

Member cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
  5. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    you can also use partition wizard 5 and it's FREE

6. Fahrenheit

Newcomer Fahrenheit Member

United States
    I would think that the Command Prompt is the best way, Be prepared tough it does it the long way and not the quick way so your looking at long time to do. I think the long way is better tough.

7. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    It does it the quick way if you include the quick format switch when typing in the command.

Command prompt will only work on certain size hard drives anyway. Some limitation Microsoft put in. You're better off using a 3rd party program to do it like another person posted.

8. Giga_Gaia

Member Giga_Gaia Shinigami

Canada
    You are right. Command prompt and other tools included in windows os can only make fat32 partition of 32GB. You want bigger, you need a special application like the ones mentionned above.