Hardware Western Digital Elements 500GB only 69.99, Wii compatible?

Calavera88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Newegg has Western Digital Elements 500GB drives for only 69.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...6-466-_-Product

Does anybody know if it is compatible with the WII? I see on the compatibility list it has a "WD Elements 500GB (WD5000E035)" marked as fully compatible. This however is a WDBAAU5000EBK-NESN. I would think it would be compatible, but I thought I'd ask here first to see if anybody has used this drive with the WII or knows if it works before I drop $70 for it. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Calavera88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot capt.fruitcake, I was almost about to buy a "Seagate FreeAgent Go 320 GB" for $74.00. Glad to hear the WD drive works, more GBs for less $. Can't complain there!

Maybe somebody should add it to the Wii USB Devices Compatibility List so people will know. Thanks again for the info.

afnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we need someone that can edit the compatibility list, I have a couple drives that work great and were not on the list, but to edit the list you have to know what you are doing....its not very user friendly. I suspect thats why more drives arent on there and its not up to date.

geegee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the 1tb version; it was $59.99 on black Friday. I have it formatted to FAT and it works great for USB loaders and homebrew. Also it automatically turns on/off with the Wii which is nice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol