Hardware Western Digital 640GB ps3HD on sale

Sephxus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I bought a 500gb one for the same price two weeks ago.
dry.gif

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
I've had a PS3 for 4 years and never felt the need to upgrade past 60GB until JB came out, it's pretty ironic. Good deals too but it won't be long until prices fall dramatically (with SSD and all)

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DaMummy said:
just bought a 750gb 7200 rpm 16mb cache for $99....now i just need that 3.41 ps3, heres hoping for a deal on cyber monday
many reports are that systems are now shipping with 3.42 even a few with 3.50

BiPoLaR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
DaMummy said:
just bought a 750gb 7200 rpm 16mb cache for $99....now i just need that 3.41 ps3, heres hoping for a deal on cyber monday
many reports are that systems are now shipping with 3.42 even a few with 3.50
true.. but i'm sure a open-source psdowngrade will become available soon. I saw on one site, they're offering $500 to the dev who can come up with it.

@DaMummy... I was under the impression that the WD650gb is the biggest that will fit in the PS3. Unless you're not worried about it. I have heard of people leaving the HDD outside of the PS. Personally, I like to have it nice and neat.. but i'm a little ocd. lol

steam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does it have to be one of those scorpio blue or so long as its under 1tb and sata...
coz like this one is $46..shipped free and no tax for me

http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-Cavi...841&sr=1-10

yeah i checked...it works with the ps3...might get this one..

tigerdirect/compusa has it for 39.99..$2++ shipping, no tax for me(CA) too...it gets better..
on the checkout page, click on the GoogleCheckout 5off30 link and use googlecheckout to save an extra $5...final price $37++ shipped!
And, if u have fatwallet or ebates, you can get 4-5% cashback on the purchase....
smile.gif

weebwobb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
steam said:
does it have to be one of those scorpio blue or so long as its under 1tb and sata...
coz like this one is $46..shipped free and no tax for me

http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-Cavi...841&sr=1-10

yeah i checked...it works with the ps3...might get this one..

tigerdirect/compusa has it for 39.99..$2++ shipping, no tax for me(CA) too...it gets better..
on the checkout page, click on the GoogleCheckout 5off30 link and use googlecheckout to save an extra $5...final price $37++ shipped!
And, if u have fatwallet or ebates, you can get 4-5% cashback on the purchase....
smile.gif

Hey, be careful... that link above is for a 3.5" drive so it won't work in a PS3. You need a 2.5" SATA compatible one.

steam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
weebwobb said:
Hey, be careful... that link above is for a 3.5" drive so it won't work in a PS3. You need a 2.5" SATA compatible one.
ah crap..ur right...so much for searching "2.5 sata hard drive" at amazon and them returning results for 3.5 instead

thanks
...no deal
frown.gif

weebwobb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, amazon's search is incredibly bad. You'd think they'd learn from ebay's filtering and breadcrumb trails but they probably do it to show you the most profitable items.

Anyways, I installed the performance drive listed above and thought others might like my opinion. To be honest I don't see a big difference in speed or loading times from the original. IMO, save your money and get the least expensive and largest capacity drive with the best reviews. The extra space is certainly noticeable though.
nayps3.gif

BiPoLaR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DaMummy said:
i already have my 750gb inside my ps3, so space is not the issue here, it is a 9.5mm drive, not the 1tb 12mm drive, so yes 750gb are available in 9.5 now
is that the Hitachi? if so.. how much?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb