Hardware Western Digital 640GB ps3HD on sale

Sephxus

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
May 27, 2010
Messages
327
Trophies
0
Age
32
Location
Pomona, CA
Website
Visit site
XP
49
Country
United States
I bought a 500gb one for the same price two weeks ago.
dry.gif
 

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2009
Messages
537
Trophies
0
XP
574
Country
Comoros
I've had a PS3 for 4 years and never felt the need to upgrade past 60GB until JB came out, it's pretty ironic. Good deals too but it won't be long until prices fall dramatically (with SSD and all)
 

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Joined
Jan 6, 2008
Messages
12,695
Trophies
1
Age
34
XP
6,739
Country
United States
DaMummy said:
just bought a 750gb 7200 rpm 16mb cache for $99....now i just need that 3.41 ps3, heres hoping for a deal on cyber monday
many reports are that systems are now shipping with 3.42 even a few with 3.50
 

BiPoLaR

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2009
Messages
147
Trophies
0
XP
250
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
DaMummy said:
just bought a 750gb 7200 rpm 16mb cache for $99....now i just need that 3.41 ps3, heres hoping for a deal on cyber monday
many reports are that systems are now shipping with 3.42 even a few with 3.50
true.. but i'm sure a open-source psdowngrade will become available soon. I saw on one site, they're offering $500 to the dev who can come up with it.

@DaMummy... I was under the impression that the WD650gb is the biggest that will fit in the PS3. Unless you're not worried about it. I have heard of people leaving the HDD outside of the PS. Personally, I like to have it nice and neat.. but i'm a little ocd. lol
 

steam

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
Aug 2, 2007
Messages
80
Trophies
0
XP
71
Country
United States
does it have to be one of those scorpio blue or so long as its under 1tb and sata...
coz like this one is $46..shipped free and no tax for me

http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-Cavi...841&sr=1-10

yeah i checked...it works with the ps3...might get this one..

tigerdirect/compusa has it for 39.99..$2++ shipping, no tax for me(CA) too...it gets better..
on the checkout page, click on the GoogleCheckout 5off30 link and use googlecheckout to save an extra $5...final price $37++ shipped!
And, if u have fatwallet or ebates, you can get 4-5% cashback on the purchase....
smile.gif
 

weebwobb

Active Member
Newcomer
Joined
Jul 2, 2008
Messages
40
Trophies
0
XP
82
Country
United States
steam said:
does it have to be one of those scorpio blue or so long as its under 1tb and sata...
coz like this one is $46..shipped free and no tax for me

http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-Cavi...841&sr=1-10

yeah i checked...it works with the ps3...might get this one..

tigerdirect/compusa has it for 39.99..$2++ shipping, no tax for me(CA) too...it gets better..
on the checkout page, click on the GoogleCheckout 5off30 link and use googlecheckout to save an extra $5...final price $37++ shipped!
And, if u have fatwallet or ebates, you can get 4-5% cashback on the purchase....
smile.gif

Hey, be careful... that link above is for a 3.5" drive so it won't work in a PS3. You need a 2.5" SATA compatible one.
 

steam

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
Aug 2, 2007
Messages
80
Trophies
0
XP
71
Country
United States
weebwobb said:
Hey, be careful... that link above is for a 3.5" drive so it won't work in a PS3. You need a 2.5" SATA compatible one.
ah crap..ur right...so much for searching "2.5 sata hard drive" at amazon and them returning results for 3.5 instead

thanks
...no deal
frown.gif
 

weebwobb

Active Member
Newcomer
Joined
Jul 2, 2008
Messages
40
Trophies
0
XP
82
Country
United States
Yeah, amazon's search is incredibly bad. You'd think they'd learn from ebay's filtering and breadcrumb trails but they probably do it to show you the most profitable items.

Anyways, I installed the performance drive listed above and thought others might like my opinion. To be honest I don't see a big difference in speed or loading times from the original. IMO, save your money and get the least expensive and largest capacity drive with the best reviews. The extra space is certainly noticeable though.
nayps3.gif
 

BiPoLaR

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2009
Messages
147
Trophies
0
XP
250
Country
United States
DaMummy said:
i already have my 750gb inside my ps3, so space is not the issue here, it is a 9.5mm drive, not the 1tb 12mm drive, so yes 750gb are available in 9.5 now
is that the Hitachi? if so.. how much?
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AlanMcguffin @ AlanMcguffin: this*