Were you impressed with Microsoft's press conference?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by acturus, Jun 14, 2010.

?

Were you impressed with Microsoft's press conference?

1. Amazing!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Good, but not great

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Meh

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Not impressed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Completely disgusted

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. acturus
    OP

Newcomer acturus Advanced Member

United States
    i was not impressed at all. the only thing i got excited for was the new metal gear. i thought kinect was a real disappointment. they didn't show anything that makes me want it, it all could already be done with current tech.

2. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    I wasn't too hyped up over it, so didn't have much to be disappointed about.
    Fable 3 only really caught my attention, and I guess the newer 360. Not that I'll be getting one. I love my jtagged xbox too much.

3. fishykipper

Member fishykipper pkmn breeder

United Kingdom
    Kinect = joke!
    Freeeeeekin' excited for tomorrow though, hope Nintendo have some treats to offer!

4. GreatZimkogway

Member GreatZimkogway Touhou Fanatic

United States
    Pleh. Kinect? Should'a stayed with Natal. Sounded better, and didn't sound like they made a typo. All it is is Microsoft trying to muscle in on Nintendo's schtich, same thing as Sony is doing. Only problem, Microsoft forgot that it's not just the motion controls that are fun for families. IT's the price of a Wii. The Wii, even with getting controllers and whatnot, is STILL cheaper then what it would take to get a 360 into a home for the family. Or a PS3. Nintendo Wii is CHEAP. Thus it appeals to them. The "Kinect", or rather, Natal, is nothing more then a peripheral. And when's the last time anyone got praised for making a peripheral. It won't off.

And no, people, I'm not a Microsoft hater. Or Nintendo fanboy. It's merely the truth.

5. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    Wasn't impressed, every Kinect game is a Wii/EyeToy rip-off... even if they look good visually.
    The best part was the slim 360 reveal.

6. acturus
    OP

United States
    my thoughts exactly

7. dgwillia

Member dgwillia The Bacon Lover

United States
    Woah, when was their conference on? O_O, i must have slept through it. (Watching it on G4). Though, doesnt sound that great though.

The Slim 360 just seems like another cheap cash-in (I might buy one later once price drops, but seeing as i just replaced my console a few months ago, unless they have an epic trade-up deal, i doubt it)

And even with all the hype, Kinect seems like a soon to be failure. (Just like the Eye Toy, and damn near every other gimmicky thing of the sort). Ill just wait until they go on sale and or clearance one day to get one. (Unless they do a Slim Bundle for a decent price)

I also cant wait for Sony and Nintendo's [​IMG]. 3DS might be the next console i buy if it looks good tommorow. (That or if they announce a new PSP this year)

8. DeadLocked

Member DeadLocked Bi-Winning.

United Kingdom
    I was totally impressed after the ESPN show. Everything before that except MGS and Halo:Reach were bad IMO.
    Can't wait for kinect now, i wasn't going to get it but the forza and star wars has swayed me for sure [​IMG]

EDIT: My jaw dropped when they said the new xbox will ship this week and then they said free xboxes for all at the conference and my jaw was in my lap xD
    Imagine Nintendo now tries to top that and gives free 3DS to everyone?! And Sony will just die, their tech is too overpriced to give away free :/

9. dgwillia

United States
    What did they show about MGS? Did it look any good? Or does it just seem like a spin-off

10. jurai

Member jurai GBAtemp Fan

I'd equate it to ninja gaiden with Raiden, and extreme cutting in half of people

11. dgwillia

United States
    Yeah, just watched it. A bit sad at the lack of hope for a Metal Gear Online 3. But it looks pretty awesome :wtf:, slicing and dicing to the extreme.

Not a fan of Raiden's new look though

12. acturus
    OP

United States
    i thought that was pretty low actually, it was like they knew the crowd reaction wasn't very strong so they needed to make friends
    it wouldn't be like a free 3ds, it was be like a free wii or dsi, they aren't giving away anything new, just a different version
    and you're right sony couldn't afford it, nintendo wouldn't do it cuz everyone already has a wii and a ds

13. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    everybody sees MS's stunt as a way of trying to buy the audience off in spite of their horrible presentation

14. dgwillia

United States
    Meh. I got a feeling the sales on the 360 Slim are gonna be abysmal for a while. Why?

A. Announcing it a day or two before it goes on sale? Thats a dumb move, most people probally wont be able to scrounge up 300 bucks in less than a day to buy one

15. Infinite Zero

Member Infinite Zero Almost!

United States
    we will learn to get used to newer consoles. it is just a start. i think i like the kinect

16. deatharch

Newcomer deatharch Member

United States

17. Gore

Member Gore GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Congratulations on your new position at Microsoft Oprah! [​IMG]

18. berlinka

Member berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Netherlands
    Yesirree, I was very much impressed. The fitness and dancing thing completely sold it to me.
    I doubt I will get one though, cause I'm a Nintendo devotee....and off course because me loves me some really nasty shovelware...

19. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    Meh. The only thing of interest to me, was Halo:Reach, and the new XBOX 360 slim. Project Natal, or "Kinect" is just a port of the playstation eye, with a few extra gimmicks put in. Hm....It would have been nice to see someone playing a shooting game with it. I'd like to see how they would register items in the games. I remember seeing a demo, of project Natal, showing a kid scanning a skateboard to use ingame.

20. jonesman99

Member jonesman99 GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid

United States
    I was actually impressed with Kinect. It was like the Playstation Eye, only better (and hopefully better supported). I would get it just for Dance Central, I was captured by its allure... lol