Hacking Were to buy cheap CycloDS in the EC

wiiluver135

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So since the real R4DS are hard to find now I think it's time for me to just get a CycloDS, but my problem is I have no idea where to start, I use to get my stuff from NPXGame but as you can clearly see they have closed up shop. Can anyone help me out and tell me the best places to get a new REAL cyclo ds for cheap in the east coast?

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cheap and local don't mix I'm afraid. If you want cheap, you'll have to buy from a overseas shop and suffer long shipping times and poorer service.
The best East Coast shop I can recommend is www.realhotstuff.com
They have affordable prices, great customer service, and you will get your product in just a few days even with the cheapest shipping option. (RHS is located in New Jersey)

kiwovo

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
guy above me means they have free shipping for US
for some countries , like mine , they charge over 35$ for shipping!
which is weird cause they don't have to ship EMS they can also ship regular 10$ shipping..
but u have to get the EMS that's overpriced and not fair..
oh well.. at least i got my cyclods

wiiluver135

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow...okay thanks guys, I'll just have to save up a little more then, but thanks
happy.gif

Darkcloak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought mine from realhotstuff and got my cyclo in 3-4 days. It was around $87 but I bought an extra 4gb microSD.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No no no. Never buy a microSD from a flash cart dealer, you always get ripped off.
Use an online retailer like www.newegg.com for cheap microSDs.

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
I've never heard of a "cheap" Cyclo DS that wasn't fake. CycloDS Evo is the most expensive flash cart that uses external memory.

Which kind of makes me wonder why you're wanting a Cyclo because you can't find an R4. Which to me sounds like "I can't find the cheap one so I guess I want the expensive one"

Anyways, the only site I know that sells them is http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.29384
And the price is pretty steep considering Cyclos were $50-$60 2 years ago. >_>
Even if there's free shipping (Have to wait like near-2 weeks :/ )
You might have luck if you can email customer support and ask if they can do price matching if it isn't already on their site/store policy somewhere.

But CycloDS is for stupid people. Not saying that CycloDS users are stupid, I mean that you'll spend more time playing games than patching them while waiting on a firmware fix. With the exception of games that use new forms of saving and anti-piracy like DragonQuest 9, GTA, Mario and Luigi 3 (Even though they work now), ect...
I consider myself stupid for getting CycloDS because I'm missing out on what other people have to do to play games. I never had to jump through hoops to learn to arm7 patch my games or whatever its called, so when people talk about patches I'm all "lolwut?". Like taking the recent Kingdom Hearts game, while I'm playing my Kingdom Hearts, people are getting frustrated because they have to patch it, or hex-edit, and cant figure it out, so I get left out and I get sad :<
If only I had bought another flashcart, I could join their frustration.
0ffb80a9.gif

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Njrg said:
But CycloDS is for stupid people. Not saying that CycloDS users are stupid, I mean that you'll spend more time playing games than patching them while waiting on a firmware fix. With the exception of games that use new forms of saving and anti-piracy like DragonQuest 9, GTA, Mario and Luigi 3 (Even though they work now), ect...
I consider myself stupid for getting CycloDS because I'm missing out on what other people have to do to play games. I never had to jump through hoops to learn to arm7 patch my games or whatever its called, so when people talk about patches I'm all "lolwut?". Like taking the recent Kingdom Hearts game, while I'm playing my Kingdom Hearts, people are getting frustrated because they have to patch it, or hex-edit, and cant figure it out, so I get left out and I get sad :<
0ffb80a9.gif
Same here. We Cyclo users are missing out so much on the community spirit. Why did I buy this cart in the first place. TT___TT

Frog

Trophies
XP
Country
Chrono_Tata said:
Njrg said:
0ffb80a9.gif
Same here. We Cyclo users are missing out so much on the community spirit. Why did I buy this cart in the first place. TT___TT
i completely agree, how dare they make life easy for us! its an outrage!!!

bRKcRE

Trophies
XP
Country
Frog said:
Chrono_Tata said:
Njrg said:
0ffb80a9.gif
i completely agree, how dare they make life easy for us! its an outrage!!!

how dare they let us run unpatched, unmodified roms on their hardware..........oh, how i wish i could travel back in time, get myself an r4, and then get noob bashed forever after for buying R4 and always haveing to ask how do i run "rom X", its not working, make it work for me right now...

claudekennilol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI, just so you know, Deal Extreme is back ordered or something on the CycloDSs right now. I ordered a second one for my fiance a month ago and it still hasn't been shipped.

hsace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOW, someone can still sell R4 for $14.95 plus shipping?

DX and 0Shippingzone are selling them for less than $6.

Never mind about the price for CycloDS. You are paying too much to this sponsored site. You may as well buying them from other sponsored sites. They are cheaper than consolesource for sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.