Gaming Were there different ds phat models?

FireSeel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Most people say that the ds phat only had two brightness options, but mine has 3, if I use my flashcarts menu. On the ds homebrew wikipedia page, it says all ds lites have v5 of the firmware or higher, and some pink ds phats have it, which mine does. When I was installing flashme, it recognised my ds as a ds lite. Do any other ds phats have this?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Most people say that the ds phat only had two brightness options, but mine has 3, if I use my flashcarts menu. On the ds homebrew wikipedia page, it says all ds lites have v5 of the firmware or higher, and some pink ds phats have it, which mine does. When I was installing flashme, it recognised my ds as a ds lite. Do any other ds phats have this?

Hardware-wise all DS's are exactly the same, but depending on the manufacture date, they may have different firmwares installed. Verify your firmware by entering PictoChat and ejecting the game cartridge. Flashme may have recognized your classic DS as a DS Lite because it has a very late firmware, more commonly seen on DS Lite units.

Reactions: Fishaman P
P

pasc

yes.

There are DS Phats that had similarities to lites.
(Due to Nintendo reusing some parts ?)

reprep

Trophies
Website
melankolisavar.blogspot.com
XP
Country
It is a v5 ds.
Edit: is this why it has screens that are like the ds lites?

yup, i read nintendo used the ds lite screen on v5 ds phats. that is why you can use the brightness setting on flash cards (they don't work on non-v5 phat dses) and you can even use the main screen brightness level adjust if you flash flashme.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple