Went out to the arcade today

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My friends dragged me out to trocadero (big arcade) today cause it was a friday and they didn't want me to stay at home. It was the first time I went there and even though we had some hitches getting there, we got there in the end.
Some of the so called hitches include; a random person getting stabbed and collapsing in front of my friends doorstep, losing each other at liverpool street station, getting kicked off a bus, leaving those lagging behind only to wait for them to catch up again. >_>

Once we managed to get up there it was pretty much a standard arcade, just a bit bigger than usual and we went straight for the DDR machines cause we were meeting one of my friends there. Seeing as 5 out of the 7 people I was with were asian, it was pretty much a given that we didn't leave the DDR machines... I checked a few of the other machines and ended up having quite a bit of fun. I got my arse handed to me in Outrun 2, fucked up in guitar freaks, got the highest score in hitting the hammer down on the target and p0wned in time crisis. Only sad thing was there were no decent fighting game machines and the lightgun for house of the dead was broke :/.

The DDR were pretty much surrounded by an asian group that you could tell were regulars here. They pretty much owned the machines and I was amazed by some of the kids there. You had some people tearing up the dance mats playing two mats by THEMSELVES. Some of them memorized all the moved and made their own routine... some dude did a one-armed handstand at the end of the song EVEN THOUGH IT DIDN'T REQUIRE HIM TO. I tried some DDR and found out that I didn't suck completely at it and can manage some of the songs on normal diffficulty even though I never played before.

I also met a gurl there too
biggrin.gif
. Talked to her for a bit and found her really nice. She didn't stay for long and as she was leaving I worked up the courage to ask her for her number. She shot me down but not in a nasty way, saying she didn't want to give her phone number to me... I guess her honesty counts for something...
I managed to get her email address in the end and I'm pretty happy
smile.gif

Thats her in the vid next to me.

Nevermind the fact that all of the videos are angled weirdly. My friends are tards that don't know how to hold a camera properly.
So then I came home and started talking to War.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh, the arcade, I haven't been to one of those in ages. In fact, I didn't know people still go to the arcade. Isn't this what a home console is for? lol

Anyways, it seemed like a lot of fun. (Email the girl a couple times, get to know here then ask for her number.
tongue.gif
)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The arcades here haven't had a new machine since Mario Kart GP 2.
frown.gif

Always go on Outrun2, HotD (even if I have the Wii version, its just so much more fun playing HotD3 with a shotgun) and also Lets Go Safari! is pretty great.

The arcades are the only good thing about living in Southend.

*needs to move*

gambit420

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
@ Xcalibur: i'm going to visit london the next month. do you know if trocadero got an f-zero gx arcade?
would be great if you could anwser, because i'm just staying three days so got nearly no time to check for myself.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Banger said:
Bear is such a beast!!!

Edit: FIRST!

wub.gif

War said:
AHAHAH I HAVE INFILTRATED YOUR BLOG

PS: lern2DDR but I luff you anyway

You made me seriously consider getting a ddr mat.

raulpica said:
NICE!

I love arcades! Lucky xcali
smileipb2.png

Too bad they're getting rare 'round here :/

Thanks raul. Had a great time and I should really do something like that again sometime soon. Maybe you should look a bit harder for arcades, they won't come to you.
smileipb2.png

QUOTE(Raiyu245 @ Jan 31 2009, 01:09 AM)
Ahh, the arcade, I haven't been to one of those in ages. In fact, I didn't know people still go to the arcade. Isn't this what a home console is for? lol

Anyways, it seemed like a lot of fun. (Email the girl a couple times, get to know here then ask for her number.
tongue.gif
)

I will. In fact, I'm chatting to her now.
smileipb2.png

QUOTE(science @ Jan 31 2009, 01:10 AM)
I love DDR in arcades so much!

Me too! Music is really loud though. You can't really hear the machine you're on. The music was so loud that we ended up shouting conversations ten minutes after we had actually left the place .
laugh.gif

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
GameDragon said:
I went to the arcades a few days ago to play some Street Fighter IV. I wanted to try DDR but that seems so difficult.

You should really give it a try. Its not as hard as it looks and is probably easier to get into than guitar hero if you have a decent sense of rythem

Hadrian Uranium said:
The arcades here haven't had a new machine since Mario Kart GP 2.
frown.gif

Always go on Outrun2, HotD (even if I have the Wii version, its just so much more fun playing HotD3 with a shotgun) and also Lets Go Safari! is pretty great.

The arcades are the only good thing about living in Southend.

*needs to move*

I never knew about Lets Go Safari but I'll be sure to check it out next time I'm there. I used to pwn at outrun 2 but my friend easily beat me because I hadn't played in almost 2 years. HotD guns we're broken though.

And you definetely need to move. I'm thinking somewhere in london so we can meet up all the time.
smileipb2.png

gambit420 said:
@ Xcalibur: i'm going to visit london the next month. do you know if trocadero got an f-zero gx arcade?
would be great if you could anwser, because i'm just staying three days so got nearly no time to check for myself.

I have no clue mate. This was my first time going there and I didn't really explore the place as I should have.

QUOTE(notnarb @ Jan 31 2009, 10:26 AM)
an arcade without a marvel vs capcom machine (or the other 3 in the series) is no arcade at all

I'm pretty sure it has it but I didn't see any of the machines on my way to DDR.

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You're lucky!
frown.gif

Over here in germany we don't have Arcades ...
frown.gif

Although I found a pretty big one on the internet but it's quite a bit away from me but I guess I will check it out sometime. D:

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Xcalibur said:
raulpica said:
NICE!

I love arcades! Lucky xcali
smileipb2.png

Too bad they're getting rare 'round here :/

Thanks raul. Had a great time and I should really do something like that again sometime soon. Maybe you should look a bit harder for arcades, they won't come to you.
smileipb2.png

Wat? I thought they would come to me
frown.gif

Jokes aside, it's not like we don't have Arcades here. It's just that the nearby arcades are just filled by Mamecabs (and when you're lucky, Point Blank 1)
tongue.gif

If you're uber-lucky, you can find some HotD in them (luv teh shotgun).

But I've never seen things like Mario Kart GP
frown.gif
Neither DDR, now that I think of
unsure.gif

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm, arcade does bring such a nostalgic vibe to me. I remember getting up early in the morning going to Western Beef (Super Market if people don't know what it is) packing bags for strangers hours and hours until around 3 PM then I go turn them into $0.25 then use them to play Marvel vs. Capcom. I use to rip on that game so hard but I do remember one time a punk kid dug inside my pockets and took all my quarters.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.