Well, the journey's over -- back to the hum-drum.

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by GeekyGuy, Oct 7, 2007.

1. GeekyGuy
    OP

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Man, what an awesome game from start to finish. Without saying anything specific about it, the final boss was the epitome of "epic." I didn't keep track of the time, but I'd say it took me about a half hour to complete. The final ending, though -- after the credits roll -- was so tasteful.

I just don't know if I'll ever be able to appreciate another Zelda game the same way after being able to use the stylus. I really just instantly fell in love with the control system. This game didn't need any tutorial. Basically you just move the stylus in the direction of the type of attack you wanted to do, and the rolls were so easy to execute.

I know there have been some other decent games dumped recently, but man, everything's just gonna seem utterly dull after PH. :'(

Definitely worth the wait (I tried the Japanese version, but stopped playing a few hours in because I wanted to appreciate it fully in English) and the hype that it saw on this board during the couple of days before its dump.

2. myuusmeow

Member myuusmeow GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Funny, I'm stuck in the very beginning where you have to catch the blue thing with the key in the first cave--rolling is impossible for me. [​IMG]

3. pasc

Member pasc GBATemps official GBA Freak

Germany
    We people call those mice, just go in and wait until it comes then go back until the mouse comes out, wait until it runs in your direction (look at the map) run, hit and get the key !

But seriously, I can't play this game, I started The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of time on my Wii 3 days ago, I tried to play Zelda:PH today, but maaan it just sucked, I have to play OoT !

I wished THIS would be on the DS not PH (not to sound offending, I just prefer deep stories and stuff over touch controls).

4. GeekyGuy
    OP

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Yeah, the story definitely isn't the focus in PH, though I think it's a good one all the same. But the puzzles and how the controls play into them are the real focus of PH, and I love it for that. I never was ga-ga over OoT. I'll still buy it off the VC when we break out our Wii this Christmas, because it is still a great game, but I enjoy PH more.

5. KarmaUK

Member KarmaUK GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Didn't it unlock a heroic mode like Wind Waker? [​IMG] I thought that was why it's a little easy, althou' no Zelda has been too hard, it's all about gameplay and fun. [​IMG]

6. suprneb

Member suprneb GBAtemp Regular

United States
    ahhh i hope i dont beat the game too fast =/