Well thats just weird...i think

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by misticknight, May 7, 2009.

May 7, 2009
  1. misticknight
    OP

Member misticknight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    hi, i just got around to updating my friends Wii to FW 4.0 using Waninkokos FW Downgrader and when i put in a copied disc to see if it works ( i didn't expect it to just wanted to double check) it actually loaded up. I thought maybe this was a mistake, somehow the Wii read it as original for some reason so i tried another 2 games (the games i tried were OKami, GH Metallica and Excitebots if anyones wondering) and they all worked beautifully. The thing is i had installed cIOSCOPR v1 for him previously, so even if its cause the Downgrader doesn't touch those IOS files, you would still think it wouldn't work cause from what i understand thats what v2 is for, to work with 4.0. I wish i had upgraded myown Wii using the downgrader now, i'm to scared to install cIOSCORP v2 not to mention now that i know about SoftCORP i wanna wait for that (anyone know when the release is btw??)

If it helps i updated my friends Wii using tis method:

Install patched IOS60
    Upgrade firmware using FWDowngrader

With mine i use the FWUpdater 4.0 instead, and i had cIOSCORP v1 install prior to but it overwrote it. anyways i thought it was interesting so i posted.

2. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    noone else thinks this is weird?

3. Scarfish

Member Scarfish GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Actually no. I think the only advantage of cioscorp v2 over v1 is that you can use dual layer dvd's such as SSBB dvd9 version. It has nothing to do with System Menu 4.0. You say you installed a patched IOS60, so I guess thats the one that has the DIP module in it (a cioscorp ios) which let you load the disc from the disc channel like IOS30 will do for System Menu 3.2.

4. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    really? so whats the point of the cIOSCORP guides in those 4.0 update guides, they all install some form of patched IOS60 before/after the update, not that i'm doubting you i just wanna know. also as i said when i upgraded my Wii, i done the same thing except use FW Updater instead of downgrader and the cIOSCORP was removed.

5. resistor

Newcomer resistor Advanced Member

Spain
    waninkokos update doessn´t install all the ios, so if old ones aren´t overwriten you have cioscorp instaled.