Hacking Well my wii is still bricking and i need some options

gamerjr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so if any of you remember me from awhile ago for the past 6 months my wii will brick from anywhere from after few hours to a few days for no reason at all. I have tried almost everything short of reformatting the wii, i have tried virginizing and reinstalling it. The only thing i have left is either A) find someone with a clean NAND and replace it (hopefully it works), or B) virginize it and it breaks and i have no wii to use. I am almost positive it is hardware failure. This is the 1st wii sold ever and I

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gamerjr said:
Ok, so if any of you remember me from awhile ago for the past 6 months my wii will brick from anywhere from a few hours to a few days for no reason at all. I have tried almost everything short of reformatting the wii, i have tried virginizing and reinstalling it. The only thing i have left is either A) find someone with a clean NAND and replace it (hopefully it works), or B) virginize it and it breaks and i have no wii to use. I am almost positive it is hardware failure. This is the 1st wii sold ever and I

gamerjr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first few times i was expecting me doing something wrong, now its just trying to keep my spirits up in hopes that i can get it working again. I was trying to prove that its not hardware failure.

gamerjr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well something had to be causing the brick and i figured one of the IOS's was corrupt or something. But because it bricks randomly it seems like hardware failure... Please someone tell me the odds of it being hardware failure and say 1 in a million.

elimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gamerjr said:
my wii will brick from anywhere from a few hours to a few days for no reason at all
so your wii stops working for a few hours and then starts working again???

QUOTE(gamerjr @ Apr 11 2010, 11:35 PM) Well something had to be causing the brick and i figured one of the IOS's was corrupt or something. But because it bricks randomly it seems like hardware failure... Please someone tell me the odds of it being hardware failure and say 1 in a million.
more like 1 in 1000.

gamerjr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I reuse my NAND to make it work again. BootMii works fine.

So can someone please tell me that its hardware failure and tell me truthfully, if my wii bricks with nothing on it will Nintendo fix it?

gamerjr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cause of the brick is just time itself it will brick no matter what i do to it, after it bricks the system menu and HBC end up going black and i have to turn off the wii. Sry I should of clarified that earlier.

elimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is your wii getting enough ventilation? I have heard that people with wii stuffed in between crowded home theater set shelf get this problem because the wii heats up. If this isn't the problem, its probably hardware failure

elimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it is a software problem, you can use a nand formatter to fix it, BUT REMEMBER THAT IF YOUR WII DECIDES TO SHUTDOWN/CRASH WHILE THE NAND IS FORMATTING, YOU ARE SCREWED. use it as a last resort.
edit: actually i think there is a hardware nand formatter that you can use so that you don't have to worry about your wii shutting down while formatting.

edit2: oops I forgot that you had bootmii boot2

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
gamerjr said:
I dont see how it would be a cooling problem because bootmii boots up fine.
What's bootmii got to do with a potential cooling problem?
If it is a overheating or hardware issue then the shut down will indeed be very random and completely bootmii unrelated.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SNEEK won't work if the hardware is dying/dead. It will only fix the issue if the NAND chip is the cause. Other hardware failures won't be overcome by SNEEK.

Also, to elimist on page 1 - a failure while running a nand formatter won't fully brick a bootmii/boot2 protected wii. Worst that happens is you restore the old nand dump again.

gamerjr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive tried the NAND formatter and it does nothing. Maybe im not using it right but I need someone to tell me what to do. I put the files in WAD folder and it just stays there forever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night