Hacking Well im going to get Zelda today and want to clear things up...

sidishere

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well im going to get zelda today...
After i install the homebrew channel, i want to make a backup of Zelda. (Im going to return the game afterwards)
How would i go about doing so?
What tools are needed?
Thanks.

and im also looking for the following homebrew apps.
One where you can use a flash drive in usb port.
A media player that lets you play .mkv on the wii.

Oh and one last question, when making the backup of Zelda or any other game, how would i go about using the wii brick blocker on them?

thanks

MightyMouse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
once you get all up and running, just dump the game to a usb hdd or flash drive with waninkoko's usb loader..you dont need to brick block it if you plan to play it from there

use mplayer_ce with the usb2 for media, aint tred matroska files but apparently wii dont like high res mkv so i aint sure on that

come back when you have zelda in your possession if you have any probs

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Install cios rev9. Put the HDD loader on SD. Run it, copy the game to an USB device. You can also run the game from the USB device.
Or if you want a proper ISO to burn to disc (and run using either hardmod or softmod), use Wankinkoko's DVD Dumper. It can dump to SD or over network to your computer.

sidishere

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the help. Ill try out your method mighty mouse.

Oh and while im here. Could someone explain to me what WAD is in easy to understand language?

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's bassically an installation file for the wii. The wad file contains all the app files and system tickets for things such as VC Games and other items. That work for ya?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
a wad is a file you can install on the wii's nand. install it with wad manager.
it can install a channel (a homebrew one, or a pirated vc/wiiware game), you can also install IOS files with it or reinstall the system menu for example

sidishere

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i went to waninkoko's usb loader thread. it said i had to have cIOS36_rev9 for it to work. I downloaded it, but what do i do now? its a .dol file?????

edit: oh and whats an IOS file?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The dol is just the installer. It does not contain the actual wad to be patched into a cios.
if you have the original ios36 wad file, put it in the root of the sd. if not, just run the dol and select the network installation. it will then download the file.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why hsan't anyone asked what firmware hes on? I'm assuming he doesn't have the HBC or the Twilight hack yet. If hes on 4.0 he can't do anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey