Hacking Well.. Another a9lh problem here.

OnenZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
This is my story. I had my set up on a Old3ds Xl, with RxTool and cooldboot. I want to update luma, and do it already, but with 1 issue, i need a firmware.bin to run it without issue, well, i search for hour, and it's a problem with the ctrnand. (Actually i have and espiece of mix with a9lh with luma or something..)

Search and search and the results is to install the correct native_firm. Buuuut, my native_firm its the good one, 9.2 = 2.46-0 (Check it with Downgrade-check) and i say. Well... Bcs i dont know what it happens, i'll go for a9lh and just fine.

it's okay, i use the spanish guide for a9lh, all steps good but there's a problem. When i go to start my 3ds, appears the nintendo logo (I put this image) all good, but 3 sec later, i got a black screen. And i think, "Ok, think it's the menuhax" i press the button to desactivate and boot correctly, BUT on sysnand without my fbi on H&S.

So i think it's good to restore the 9.2 original sys and its patch the firm1 and 0 to again correctly. On this sysnand, i start all again, get the homebrew launcher and i go to decrypt9 but i can't launch, well, it launch but 2 seconds later got a red lower screen and boot to the hb again. And if i go to the hbl at the start of the boot, literally a black screen again. So i go to downgrade-check and this its say. "unfortunately you did not seem to downgrade to 9.2 properly. Installed native_firm: 2.50-1. 9-2 native_firm: 2.46-0" and i'm stuck in this loop. I can't boot normally luma, a9lh and hb apps. But i can boot on sysnand (With a9lh patch i suppose, those of Firm1 and 0)

So please, any tips to recover this... whatever it is this. I have my Sys/EmuNAND backup. But i'm scared to do hardmode (I'm not good with the tool xD)
And yes. SO SORRY FOR MY GRAMMAR. I'm spanish speaker and it's difficult to express myself good in other language.

EDIT: OKAY I GOT THE WAY TO BOOT DECRYPT9. (Whas with L & R xDDD so stupid thing)
So now i'm going to restore my sysnand with no a9lh and do all again i think.

Edit2: Well, the restore are good, the 3ds boot w/o SD card. ^^

Last edited by OnenZ,

OnenZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

Well, i cant do it. When i try to open minipasta apears the same red flashy screen 2 times and returns me to hbl.
And if i go irectly to install de sysupdater i cant for one error of sumary level.

^This with OoT3D

And if i do with the ctrboot, when i'm go to launch MiniPasta it's simply a black screen all the time. (Yes i read to try some times, i do it 8 times.)

I don't think it's a Frankenfirm, it never happens to me.. But now xDD

sweatbox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi OnenZ,

not sure if i get your problem, so i will sum it up:
- Reinstalled an 9.2.0 non a9lh Nandbackup
- now you cant get into decrypt9 through the hbl
if so - try again. on my first 9.2.0 emunand9 call it took me 21 tries. -.-' maybe its with decryt the same.

or are you still with a9lh?
If you are still under a9lh with luma you can boot directly into decrypt9 (if you have sd:/luma/payload/start_d9.bin ) by holding start and power on your 3ds.

OnenZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi OnenZ,

not sure if i get your problem, so i will sum it up:
- Reinstalled an 9.2.0 non a9lh Nandbackup
- now you cant get into decrypt9 through the hbl
if so - try again. on my first 9.2.0 emunand9 call it took me 21 tries. -.-' maybe its with decryt the same.

or are you still with a9lh?
If you are still under a9lh with luma you can boot directly into decrypt9 (if you have sd:/luma/payload/start_d9.bin ) by holding start and power on your 3ds.
I think i'm stuck o a9lh, i do all steps good, whit no fails but on the supose first boot with luma it doesn't start.

The thing is, i have the root with 1 luma folder, 1 Rei folder ( i think the 3.4 for 1 try to solution) and the necessaries files to run a9lh.
Yes, i have that name on decryp9.bin, but boot 1 time, and then for second time boot again (i think bcs the screen light up 2 times) and if i keep press start+power directly enter on ctrboot manager.

I can't reinstall any bcs if i go to hbl (with oot3d, browser or ctrboot manager) appears a red screen below (Touch screen) and boot again to the hbl. Think its a loop or something.

sweatbox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ok if you have still a9lh and luma stuck with black screen try a little thing, that I have done wrong.
Delete the sd:/luma/firmware.bin and download the right one for your system.

I had the N3DS version in my O3DS system and got blackscreen. Took me 3 hours.

If its not the solution try a new SD-Card and redownloading all files from Plailect Part5.
Try that SD-Card.
If it boots great - your problem seems to be on your previous sd.
If it doesnt boot - your problem seems to be analyzed in more detail.

OnenZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
ok if you have still a9lh and luma stuck with black screen try a little thing, that I have done wrong.
Delete the sd:/luma/firmware.bin and download the right one for your system.

I had the N3DS version in my O3DS system and got blackscreen. Took me 3 hours.

If its not the solution try a new SD-Card and redownloading all files from Plailect Part5.
Try that SD-Card.
If it boots great - your problem seems to be on your previous sd.
If it doesnt boot - your problem seems to be analyzed in more detail.

Thanks for the help mate, but now i have all controlled. I can restore my SysNand w/o a9lh ^^

OnenZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
great. can you maybe tell me what you have done?
Well, i only press L & R on the startboot (Power and rapid press it) and.. Abra kadabra. Decrypt9 it's working for art of magic.

And pls. Close the threat. I get a9lh just a moment a go. Thanks for helping ^^

Last edited by OnenZ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16