Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
I finished BioShock yesterday and I have to say, It was FUCKING AWESOME!
Favourite Plasmid was the Bees. Hehe.
Now I need to get BioShock 2 off a friend and play that.
What are your opinions on this AWESOME game?

1NOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
had the first one for like 6 months before i played it (bought it in the first big steam sell) and when i started it ... i was like wtf why i didnt play taht before!?!?!?! awesome game plasmid and weapon rules but normal was too easy i didnt die lol i learned in the 2 that you revived in vita-chamber xD

... but i love the second one even more just because of the drill : D throw some bees and then charge on your enemi to instant killed them : D(exept bigger one lol) ...but i was disappointed with the ending i got ....but theres more than one .. so ill.. just .. have... to go to youtube......lol

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I actually beat the first and second for the very first time within the last month or so. Excellent games. With that said, everything you've ever heard about BioShock 1 is absolutely true, both good and bad.

The game thrives on the atmosphere of Rapture, the plasmids and gene tonics add a nice twist to the shooter mechanics, and the game is full of jaw dropping twists. Unfortunately the negative criticisms were true as well, the second half of the game drags a bit, it isn't quite as fun as the first half and the ending is very lackluster. Regardless of which ending you get, it is too fast and too vague.

Onto BioShock 2. Without spoiling anything, I adore this game. Perhaps more than the original. There are two important things to note: 1) The atmosphere isn't as wondrous the second time around. You can't lose your Rapture virginity twice, unfortunately. And 2) while the second installment doesn't contain as many shocks... the plotting, pacing, end game, and endings are all superior to the original.

What you do get beyond that, however, is a vastly improved and tweaked experience. Every single element of the game has been refined. Ever find a room too dark to see in the original? In BioShock 2 you have helmet lights that will turn on or off depending on your lighting needs. Tire of switching between plasmids and weapons? You can now dual-wield. Also tired of switching between guns for ranged and the wrench for melee? All guns now also work as melee weapons.

The list goes on and on, there are hundreds of tweaks that may seem inconsequential, but they all add up to a more enjoyable experience from a gameplay perspective.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Bee plasmid sucked, incinirate 3 ftw
tongue.gif

I think I might play through BS again after I complete BS2, just to get the 'good' ending.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.