Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to GBAtemp v2!

Welcome to the updated GBAtemp!
It's finally happened - there are changes at GBAtemp! Now sporting a fully licenced IPB 2, we're ready to progress and keep growing!
GBAtemp v2 brings a cleaner portal, an updated skin, new forums, a new database system, gOnline, new features from IPB 2, new staff members, a WORKING review section (open to all submitted reviews), new user ranks (pips), new emoticons, and support for Nintendo DS and the PSP, and much more!

We know you'll be pleased with the changes GBAtemp v2 brings! So take a look around and settle back down!
smile.gif

But... these changes aren't the last! You'll see even more changes, including bigger ones in the coming MONTHS, and years!!

New Staff:
On board are four new staff members! Darkforce, phuzzz, Qrayzie and Zarcon! Congratulations to them, they earnt their positions. Please don't give them too much work to do!
wink.gif

Also we have one new Admin who definitely earnt his position too - Costello! Congrats mate, GBAtemp v2 wouldn't be here without you!
wink.gif

Also, congratulations to djgarf who was promoted to Supervisor! Due time, eh mate?
biggrin.gif

And unfortunately, some staff were also removed due to certain circumstances or inactivity.
One last thing: good job to |Wolf|, thanks a lot for your help mate! Welcome to the technician group!
wink.gif

Enjoy GBAtemp v2!!
yaynds.gif

Read the comments to get the full list of changes!​

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Here we go.

New features and changes
  • Board upgraded to Invision Power Board v2.0.2 (soon .3) , with a valid licence key
  • gOnline (full release list with nfo, pictures, boxart... + ranking and comments system + search..bla bla)
  • Current skin ported to IPB v2.0.3, believe me this was the hardest part
  • skin completely fixed (some colors, images, and page layouts were modified to fit better)
  • New box on the portal: "GBAtemp Reviews", which will show links for the latest reviews (including both N.DS and GBA reviews)
  • "latest posts" modified: 15 posts are now listed, with new better icons and better display. Now nicknames listed in there are clickable
  • some new great smileys (omg shaun u rule)
  • Categories and Forum titles and descriptions modified
  • new forums in the NDS category (total: 6 forums)
  • new category: Other Systems Discussions, containing 2 forums
  • GBAtemp reviews forum edited: now new topics in this area will require shaunj66's approval to be published
  • Some boxes on the portal were removed: Statistics (the whole box, except "online members"), search the web with google, old news items, hall of fame, top forums, new members. These were removed for matters of bandwidth and speed. However, you can still check the whole "Statistics" box on the board index. And the "old news items" are listed on GBAtemp magazine forum. etc.
  • only 5 news items are displayed on the portal (for matters of speed and bandwidth mostly)
  • A link to the Forum Rules can be found on the members bar (next to your member name and "log out")
  • The forum rules have been completely re-written
  • New "member ranks": a new kind of pip (medal) appears when your post count is greater or equal to 1000.
  • top banner edited: the mascot was slightly improved, the text behind "GBATEMP.NET" now says "the largest GBA+DS community on the web
and so many other little changes that make everything look great !
smile.gif

Reactions: Margen67

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mhmm, looks nice...
And uh...I just remembered...
This means I can't enter anymore contests...
T_________________T

*Gets PM bombed by ROM requests*
What did the man just tell you! O_O

Haha, seriously, looks great and thanks for the work you put into this...and the money...
tongue.gif

[EDIT]

Uh...the edit button doesn't match the other buttons and I see 2 quote buttons...just a heads up. XD

[EDIT2]
o0o, I see why there's 2 quote buttons, alright, cool. XD
I see more smilies too! ^_____^

GoodKupo

It Was Me!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Finnaly after 3 years we have a GBATEMP v2.What with the wtf smile?
wtf.gif

Yay for Gonline.Evan thought gbaarms was a fine name.
It gonna cost a lot of money to keep hosting the Gonline files.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To those who chipped in the money thanks a ton.
smile.gif

Oh oh oh, and grats to the others who were made part of the staff. ^___^

[EDIT]

QUOTE said:
New staff members!? GOODIE! Hmm, let's see now. Which one do I pick a fight with?

Pick me! Pick me! XD

Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow gratz guys!
Zarcon definetly earned it, Qrayzie too.
And to the rest of the staff, SUPBERB job, you guys did this so smoothly!
And Shaun i'm going to kill you because of that teaser!
laugh.gif

And 3000 posts!
Great topic to do it in, too!

lutomes

Trophies
Website
www.lutomes.com
XP
Country
Wow its all looking quite nice, especially the gOnline system. The coders for that deserve a lot of respect.

I'm still looking around all the little features to see what has changed and I really do like it. Keep up the good work.

Luse

Now with more MOOSE!!!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Heh, so we can stop pretending nothing going one now?

YAY!!

Let me put on my supervisor robe for a second and ask each person to look at the rules, there are some new things added, some old ones revised, and there will be no accepted excuse for not knowing what you can and can't do here...

*takes off robes*

Bleh... Now sit back relax and look for all the bugs you can find
wink.gif

subanark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just a question: I looked at the forum rules and they stated that they were made on Feb 2nd 2005. I'm fine with progressive rules, but isn't this a bit much?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over