Weird things with my R4 and DS

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by DarkAura, Nov 27, 2007.

Nov 27, 2007
  1. DarkAura
    OP

Member DarkAura Offline

Canada
    I'm confused, and also creeped out a bit. Here's my story:

Today I had my DS fully charged before going to school, which I do every day so I can listen to my music during the breaks and sometimes Bio. [​IMG] Anyways, my R4's lock for the spring is busted, so it's kinda like the new springless ones. The SD has to be perfectly aligned in the R4 in order for it to be read. Sometimes when it's in my pocket it gets loose and it freezes and I have to re-adjust.

Today though, after it froze after this incident, I tried turning my DS on, and nothing happens. But when I re-adjust it perfectly again and then try to turn it on, it works. WTF?!

What is the problem? Any ideas, cuz I'm sure that I'm one of the few who have this problem. It happened twice more today too, and it only works when the SD can be read. [​IMG]

2. asuri

Member asuri GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    you could use the paper + chip trick to help keep it in its place. Warn take good care of it :'( same thing happened to my spring i tried to fix the spring even more = no spring then my sd wont read anymore probably cause of the hard usb scratched it .. i have nothing to do but go on the computer, work, eat and sleep now,is the new r4 better?

3. DarkAura
    OP

Member DarkAura Offline

Canada
    What is the paper trick? Don't laugh, I seriously don't know.

4. Grimalkin

Member Grimalkin Waaaaaaaah!

Canada
    It's where you attach a piece of paper to the side opposite of the connectors to make the SD card fit snug so that it doesn't move around. There's also other methods you could use.

5. usmagen

Member usmagen GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    yep, this process might sound too primitive but it worked wonders for me too.