Weird thing happend today - weird noises

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by linuxares, Jun 30, 2008.

Jun 30, 2008
  1. linuxares
    OP

Member linuxares GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    I just gonna check if anyone else experienced this, It works just fine right now so it aint broken.

My wii has been powered down(red light) all night, me and the girl friend hade played some Wii Sports the day before.
    When I started it this morning, I pressed the eject button and it made some werid noises I have ever heard, like the disc was jumping, it came out when I pressed the eject a second time.

Then I Put SSBB in, it loads and I get a screen in the disc channel, when I start the game, same weird jumping noise.
    I in panic disconnects everything in the back of it, blows the hole, starts it up, eject the SSBB, this time no noise.
    Puts Wii Sports in again, no noise, boots up fine.

So I guess it was just my stupidity pressing the eject button to start it, but I just want to know if someone have heard of this before?

2. skawo96

Member skawo96 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Wii likes to be bitchy and gives random technical errors: mine once restarted after I ejected a game.

3. Koekje

Member Koekje GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Mine did the same when i inserted a SD card while i was playing. And once again when the connectors from the wirestrip of my modchip (It comes out of the GC memorycard slot, it's the wire for the updatethingy) touched the connectors of the memory card slot, it turned itself immediately off into red light, instead of orange.

EDIT: My Wii is also very noisy when i'm playing and put the game on pause for a few minutes or so, then the disc spins up to extreme speeds and the whole table starts vibrating. [​IMG]

4. c2ironfist

Member c2ironfist GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Wii makes lots of noise if its working don't worry about it much. [​IMG]