Weird Supercard Mini SD on GBA SP issue

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by MRsonic699, Oct 29, 2013.

1. MRsonic699
    OP

MRsonic699 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 30, 2011
    Brasov, Romania
    So I just got this Supercard Mini SD flash cart a couple days ago, and when I plugged it in my blue AGS-001 GBA SP, I got the Gameboy Color startup and that symbol that tells me I have no cartridge plugged in. Then, I tried it on my other silver GBA SP AGS-001, and i got the GBA Startup and then it took me to the SC Interface. I don't know why this happens, because the cart seems to push the GB/GBC switch inside of the silver SP just like it does on my blue one, and GB/GBC games work on the silver SP too. It also works fine on my DS Lite if that's any help, it is not a clone.

2. emmanu888

emmanu888 6 years and still going strong

Jan 25, 2009
    Canada
    Victoriaville,Qu├ębec
    Did you try a retail cart ? If you still have the same problem with a retail cart, then maybe the GB mode switch has a short somewhere

3. Kouen Hasuki

Kouen Hasuki Kouen the Cyber Husky

Jan 9, 2013
    Norway
    Gaming Bunker
    Have you tried dusting out that GBA could dirty pins

But sounds like the moulding of that supercard casing is a bit off

4. MRsonic699
    OP

Jun 30, 2011
    Brasov, Romania
    That's what I meant when I said that it works fine with GB/GBC, all original GB/GBC and GBA games work fine on both system. I only want to find out why my blue SP goes into GB mode and does nothing, and how I could fix that. Sorry for not being clear enough. Even if the plastic case of the SC is not perfect, why does it work on one and on the other not?

5. MRsonic699
    OP

Jun 30, 2011
    Brasov, Romania
    Also, it seems to fit in easier on my silver SP than the blue one, but by plugging in other cartridges and inspecting the systems I can't find any difference between them.

6. Kouen Hasuki

Jan 9, 2013
    Norway
    Gaming Bunker

I think your GB/GBC Latch switch is stuck and is making it go into GB Mode do you have a Triwing Screwdriver?

I have a guide on my site about resetting GB/GBC games but could help you locate and check the switch http://www.kouenstechcorner.com/gameboy-advance-sp.html

7. MRsonic699
    OP

Jun 30, 2011
    Brasov, Romania
    I think I found the problem now. I do not have a Tri-Wing yet but I am waiting for one. Comparing the switch of the two GBA systems, it looks like the one on my SP is infact LONGER than the one on the silver one. I would have expected it to have moved up a little so that it would need a taller space to not be pushed, but I had no idea this was it and I still don't know how it happened. I got my blue SP two weeks ago and it's in mint condition. Thanks a lot for the help, I can't see anything else being the cause.

8. Kouen Hasuki

Jan 9, 2013
    Norway
    Gaming Bunker
    if it turns out the one that is causing you issue is longer you could shave it down a lil