Weird Semi Brick happened to me today

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Sachka, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Sachka
    OP

Sachka GBAtemp Regular

Nov 15, 2008
    France
    Lumiose City
    [​IMG] This is so weird. I have modded a lot of wii and this is the first time this happened.

It is an old wii (LU39) With 4.1 updated tru Wii menu, I decided to instal homebrew channel, all I wanted to do is install a usbloader. Didnt even get to that part because trying to install cios12 it gave me a success followed by lots of weird things... My guess is that the SD card I used had the ios36 used by cios12 corrupted since the card itself was corrupted when I came back to windows to try to install new stuff.

Heres the brick:

Wii is on 4.1U
    I can access Wii menu, and everything. however none of the original channels work (mii channel for example) It can load retail wiisports and play just fine.
    then I decided to reinstall cios12 with a brand new sd and no luck, black screen booting cios installer
    tried latest cios from waninkoko blog with the exact ios38 version waninkoko asked- downloaded from nus and set in sd card root
    No luck (black screen) then I realized NOTHING would boot from hbc
    or bannerbomb.
    With Preloader installed I tried to boot a dol by installing it and no luck

So Im here with you guys. My guess is ios36 or some other ios is corrupted [​IMG]
    Any Idea of how to fix this?
    thank you guys in advance.

2. Sachka
    OP

Sachka GBAtemp Regular

Nov 15, 2008
    France
    Lumiose City
    Update. Tried updating with system menu, gave me an error.
    Formating: got crediar aprils fool prank [​IMG] got the system set after pressing A
    SAME DEAL im under 4.1u cannot access mii channel, and bannerbomb or preloader wont boot anything.

lost access to HBC because of the "format" (guess its more like a save files and parameters clean -.-)

3. Sachka
    OP

Sachka GBAtemp Regular

Nov 15, 2008
    France
    Lumiose City
    [​IMG] guys please?!

4. xzxero

xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

Jul 18, 2008
    United States
    SB
    you should install the system menu 4.1 wad
    and see what happens

5. Sachka
    OP

Sachka GBAtemp Regular

Nov 15, 2008
    France
    Lumiose City
    GOT IT FIXED! Inspired by Wiipower! man you really rock! I had to read like houndreds of your posts being an ass to noobs.

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice