Weird problem.

skibz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After I download a rom, I proceed to try to open it. But when I click on open, I get an error saying, "Cannot open so and so file". Is it because the file is not being saved to my computer or what? Someone please help me.
wtf.gif

skibz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but this has happened to every file i've downloaded so far.

edit// yeah, i seriously doubt it's cause the file's corrupt. i'm connecting with one of the more popular servers on it. when i go to check my received files, there's nothing there.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you used IRC before? (sorry if you have and I'm over-simplifying, it's hard to tell). When you type "get (stuff)" the file doesn't instantly download, your request is put in a queue, and you have to wait until you get far enough up the queue for the transfer to begin.

Otherwise if you're getting to the top of the queue and no data is coming in check that file transfers are set up properly, and what directory it's putting the downloaded files in ("my recieved files" sounds like an odd place unless you've set it to that yourself)

skibz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nono. i've used it before. i'm not sure if talking about downloading roms is okay here and i'm kinda too lazy to check rules right now. but anywho, yeah i know about queues and all that. but when i click on open, it gives me the error stated. i don't know if anyone else has had this problem before or if it's cause i'm on vista. i disabled the DCC ignores too.

skibz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bump? please? ahhh. people in the channel don't really help. cause no one actually reads the messages.

skibz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blah nevermind. it turns out i only THOUGHT i turned off my windows firewall. in actuality, i hadn't. problem solved.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [louder cricket sounds]