Weird problem with PAL Games on NTSC-J Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Daenerys87, Aug 24, 2012.

Aug 24, 2012
  1. Daenerys87
    OP

Newcomer Daenerys87 Newbie

Japan
    Hi everyone

I have a problem with some PAL games on my NTSC-J Wii, I was told that in this forum I could get concrete answers so here I am.

The problem is that with the PAL versions of Dragon Quest Swords and Wii Fit Plus I get the black screen and Wii freezes...I am using the latest verions of Cfg Usb Loader and USB LOADER GX and with both I get the same problem.

So I tried to change some options of the loaders and that's the results:
    Video: Game Default/Force PAL 50/Force PAL 60 = Game starts but the image appears only on half screen, as my tv doesn't support PAL
    Video: System Default/FORCE NTSC + Videopatch: Off/On/All = Black screen and Freezed Wii
    Video: System Default/FORCE NTSC + Videopatch: Sneek/Sneek+All = Black screen but Wii doesn't freeze (infact I can feel the audio, the game is working and Wii remote control works too)

So basically I managed to prevent the Wii from freeze and make the game work at the same time, but as long as I don't get the video to work I can't play :cry:

Other info:

- I use the Standard Wii Cable on a AQUOS LC-32V5 TV (this one: http://www.sharp.co..../spec_32v5.html sorry I can't seem to find an english page of the tv but I guess you can understand which kind of tv it is from the picture)
    - Those 2 PAL Backups come from my original PAL disks and work on my sister's PAL Wii.
    - Other PAL Backups, such as Project Zero 2 and Xenoblade, work on my NTSC-J Wii, so the problem seems to be only with these 2 games.

Syscheck:

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Dragon Quest Swords Iso Check (made with Wii Game Info 1.0 alpha)

Wii Fit Plus Iso Check (made with Wii Game Info 1.0 alpha)

I hope that you will be able to help me :D

2. Daenerys87
    OP

Japan
    Anyone please? :(

3. actar

Member actar GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    Can someone give you a component cable for try with it ?

4. Daenerys87
    OP

Japan
    Ciao Actar =D

Which kind of component cable? I though that the standard ones were good enough =(

5. actar

Member actar GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    This one:
    [​IMG]
    with this I use on wii setting HDTV mode, and I always used games form different region without any problems.
    But I have a Wii PAL.. honestly I don't if somethig change using a wii Jap for PAL games.

6. mauifrog

Member mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

United States
    Try patching the language to English in the loader settings. Possibly the loader is set to console default, which would be jap. Some games do not load when they do not support that language giving a black screen.

7. Daenerys87
    OP

Japan
    Thanks, I asked my friends but everyone have the standard one..and I don't want to buy it if I am not sure that it is gonna work for my problem =/

Did it with both english and italian language but nothing changed =(

8. smf

Member smf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Unofficial cables are really cheap and the graphics will be sharper. When using 480p there are no video difference between NTSC or PAL consoles, so most games will work.
    You only have two options, this & region change your Wii.

9. Daenerys87
    OP

Japan
    Ok so official/unofficial cables for 480p are the solution? I am not sure about changing region of my wii because my tv doesn't support PAL (and sounds too risky).

But still is it normal that, even without this cable, I am able to play other PAL games? Sorry for the many questions but I am just trying to understand more about it.

10. actar

Member actar GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    I can only say that I have never had problem with other region games.
    And I have always used an (original) component cable.

The specific reason because some games works good and other not... honestly I really don't know.

...and if this don't resolve your problem, you will have a better graphics. An original cable isn't so much expensive.

IMHO ;)

11. smf

Member smf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    The problem seems to be that the games can tell between being run in PAL60 & NTSC mode & they know that it's wrong so they stop. There is no difference in progressive mode on European, American or Japanese consoles using component cables.

1 person likes this.
  12. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    Try using the Force option to select what kind of video output you want/require for your TV. Component cables shouldn't be required.

Nevermind, you already tried that... Well, all I can really tell you is "keep your IOS'es and loaders updated to the latest version at all times, use the Force option in the loader and, if all else fails, try the Component cables... but I personally never had to use them. Most TV's should support both NTSC and PAL nowadays - you can check for that option as well on the TV itself.

13. jowan

Member jowan GBAtemp Regular

Colombia
    I had the same problems with PAL games on NTSC, in WiiFlow, you just go to options and in video options choose NTSC or force NTSC, hope it helps