Weird problem with disc-burned game

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Gunkid, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Gunkid
    OP

Gunkid Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2007
    United States
    Today, I managed to softmod the wii. Aside from having ret= -1035 issue, I have a question about a disc-burned game.

I burned the game call Disaster:Day of Crisis on dvd but when I play the game, the sound if kinda off. I don't know if it's game or the backup loader issue. Basically, I can barely hear the game sound (to people who knows lot about mono/stereo stuffs, you would understand).

I don't know because I'm playing on a burned disc or backup loader's fault.

I'm using softchip backup.

2. Gunkid
    OP

Gunkid Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2007
    United States
    bump

3. Krestent

Krestent What to post?

Mar 31, 2009
    United States
    Try using neogamma R8 beta 16

4. wyndcrosser

wyndcrosser GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 28, 2009
    United States
    Why would you bump this, only a short time after posting?

Anyway, it sounds like a burning issue, as you burned it too fast. What speed? I usually use 2.4x on Imgburn. Also I'd suggest investing in a usb loader capable hard drive.

Also, I doubt this would cause sound issues but Disaster was org. a PAL only game until recently as it was released as NSTC. It could be an issue with your PAL settings not being correct, however PAL is usually a blk/wht video issue, not sound.

Wynd

5. Gunkid
    OP

Gunkid Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2007
    United States
    I burned on 1x speed on imgburn. I also used DVD+R, but I don't think it matters which dvd type you burn on because some people has problem with DVD-R. BTW, Disaster was never released outside of japan and europe so there isn't a NTSC-U version of this game.

Which Cios will I need for this?

6. Krestent

Krestent What to post?

Mar 31, 2009
    United States
    Some games have problems with DVD+R. Try DVD-R

7. WiiPower

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Oct 17, 2008
    Gambia, The
    You are lacking the most important information, which cIOS version do you use? What revison of SoftChip?

Anyways, burning at 2.4 is stupid for many people for 2 reasons: 1. Burning slow is only good for burners from the stone age, if the burner supports 16x, you get a bad result with something lower than 4x. 2. 2.4 is a DVD+R only speed, if you burn DVD-Rs with it, you will get crap.

And it does not sound like a loader or cIOS issue. Do you get this issue with all backups? Do you get it with retail games booted the same way?

8. Gunkid
    OP

Gunkid Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2007
    United States
    I switched back to cios rev14 from rev16 and using neogamma r7.

9. Gunkid
    OP

Gunkid Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2007
    United States
    Just found out that all my retail games also has some audio issue. The audios aren't clear compared to most of 360/ps3 games.

Probably because I'm using HDTV...