Gaming [Weird] Links awakening was running good on CFW now it needs online

cybercuate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was playing since release date and after updating to 9.0.1 and run atmosphere, I launch the game and it says "checking if the software can be played" and as it is not connected to internet I can not play it until I do it. Well, I did, and the error says "You can not use this software because you didn't buy it... blah...". Do I reinstall it with goldleaf again? Is this normal? I checked and I can play tetris99 and other online normal... what is happening?

billapong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is an issue with sigpatches, not an issue with Atmosphere.

It's an issue that happens due to the way Atmosphere is designed and it just so happens that sig patches are involved. Don't try to cherry pick based on your bias. Other CFW function differently with no need to spend hours configuring shit. Anyone can play word games.

Last edited by billapong,

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's an issue that happens due to the way Atmosphere is designed and it just so happens that sig patches are involved.
No, it isn't.

I'm running the latest sigpatches with Atmo-v0.9.4 on 9.0.1 and not experiencing the issue OP is.
Rather than baselessly claiming shit, maybe test it next time.

Last edited by 8BitWonder,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know some updates can cause this to happen. I think mortal kombat 1.03 has this issue as did bloodstained. however, there hasn't been a link's awakening update. I'm playing my switch right now, so I thought I'd check for you. it still says 1.0.0 for me. I tried forcing an update download, and it said I was on the highest version, so I guess it's not that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, I'm using a legit system, so no worries about having done that. ;)

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
You probably need to reinstall it with goldleaf. It looks like you've linked the game to your account and if you havent bought it then you will get that error. Also you might get easily banned for that.

cybercuate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You probably need to reinstall it with goldleaf. It looks like you've linked the game to your account and if you havent bought it then you will get that error. Also you might get easily banned for that.
None of them. Just playing and then updated in OFW to 9.0.1 then regular boot to atmosphere via tegrarcm as always. Never heard of this problem before and also is so strange. I'll install it again to see if it works. How can I backup the save data to uninstall it?

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
None of them. Just playing and then updated in OFW to 9.0.1 then regular boot to atmosphere via tegrarcm as always. Never heard of this problem before and also is so strange. I'll install it again to see if it works. How can I backup the save data to uninstall it?
Savedata wont disappear even if you uninstall or reinstall the game since it's stored on the switch not the sd card. But if you want to have a back up of your saves then use checkpoint or edizon.

cybercuate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys...

From Goldleaf

0.7.2 - Quick bugfix
XorTroll released this 13 days ago · 3 commits to master since this release

Changelog
  • Installs
    • Fixes a (stupid) bug were ticket installs would fail, thus contents would be unlaunchable with "checking if the content can be played" nags
Oh........................................................................ Im updating and installing again right now

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys...

From Goldleaf

0.7.2 - Quick bugfix
XorTroll released this 13 days ago · 3 commits to master since this release

Changelog
  • Installs
    • Fixes a (stupid) bug were ticket installs would fail, thus contents would be unlaunchable with "checking if the content can be played" nags
Oh........................................................................ Im updating and installing again right now
May want to use v0.7.3 over v0.7.2, it sounds like it fixed 9.0.1 support.
https://github.com/XorTroll/Goldleaf/releases/tag/0.7.3

cybercuate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @realtimesave, hi