techboy

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just updated a friends wii with wanin 4.0, preloader, patched IOS60, and bootmii (boot2)...Wii is an LU50. It is running HBC 1.0.3 on IOS56 (seems weird he has this ios, he doesn't own a wii speak)

Now, Every time he turns off the wii to standby (yellow light), the video output doesn't turn off. It outputs a black screen continuously until it is turned off to red by holding down the power button (my TV shows a blue screen when there is no signal).

It does this from the system menu, HBC, and any other homebrew (VBA GX is one i've tested). Removing preloader seems to have fixed the issue if turned off at the system menu (now shuts down and TV gives no signal screen), but the issue still remains with HBC and homebrew.

This issue never occurred prior to the update. It always stopped outputting when turned off (red or yellow light). It used to run 3.2 with starfall. No preloader, no bootmii.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So now you know the issue comes from turning the Wii OFF while you are on HBC or any homebrew app, no big deal tho...!!
smile.gif

I think you should use AnyTitleDeleter to delete IOS56 and HBC, and then reinstall it, and see if now HBC hangs on IOS60-61, and see if that fixes the issue.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does he really need WiiConnect24 on anyways? A lot of people recommend turning it off anyways due to heat issues and that would solve the problem as well as it would no longer go into standby mode anymore when you turn it off normally.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.