Hacking Weird issue with my hacked 5.01 switch.

hashcheck1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i have a legit Switch for online. the other banned hacked Switch is on 5.01 Which restored from my nand backup and restored Via CTR
the unit however always boots to rcm mode. I have turned off rcm and its comfirmed but it never sticks. it was running sx os With rcm Mode enabled Via that. the other issue with it is ever Since updating 6x Joycons Via legit Switch with firmware 6.0 the Joy cons Won't recognise the hacked Switch. any ideas

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Last edited by hashcheck1,

kkcheong

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Autorcm is boot corruption so it's not good to use. Better burn fuse than face so many problem.

kkcheong

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
What are you doing in a website which main objective is to mod consoles, then?
I thought we want to mod and forget.
Are you saying we want to mod, face problem, restore Nand, charge slowly to fix autorcm, etc? I rather just mod and enjoy Nintendo. We are not developer. Only developer want to go through such painful stage of problem fixing.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What are you doing in a website which main objective is to mod consoles, then?
Should I create a thread with the title "Painless mod for everyone else".
Inside will put instructions on how to mod and forget.

kkcheong

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I would actually be interested in reading that. :) We still miss a good, simple, thorough guide, like we had on Wii U.
Unfortunately I will just talk about sxos because that would be the most painless guide but I will get many hate for that. Lulz

hashcheck1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Tried bricmii and states all ok. Unbridled yet it still autorcms. All good still kinda works but confused why and why joycons don't work on banned system. They were prior to legit switch at 6.0 doing joycon updates. They switch may have mother board issues as been apart so much

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Last edited by hashcheck1,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would actually be interested in reading that. :) We still miss a good, simple, thorough guide, like we had on Wii U.
The best guides for the Wii u werent the ones that popped up during the frenzy like the switch is going through. Many of the "best" guides incorrectly had people using rednand for months just because it was available. And just because they were written by the same people that wrote the 3ds guide people trusted them.

Good, easy to follow guides will show up on here as soon as things stabalize a bit.

Reactions: Dust2dust
D

Deleted User

Are you saying we want to mod, face problem, restore Nand, charge slowly to fix autorcm, etc? I rather just mod and enjoy Nintendo. We are not developer. Only developer want to go through such painful stage of problem fixing.
Never heard of anyone having problems with autoRCM tho. And even if there was a problem, restoring the NAND has nothing to do with it. Restoring the NAND is also super easy with hekate. And that battery problem only happens if you're not careful. The devs warn people that the shutdown from horizon just restarts to RCM. Hell, I bet you could even force the same problem in a non modded Switch by continuosly trying to power it on after it dies.
The point is, if you prefer to pay for crippled but easy to use mods instead of more stable free ones, go ahead, but saying things like
Autorcm is boot corruption so it's not good to use. Better burn fuse than face so many problem.
are no good, since it's just pure misinformation. What's funnier is that you tell people that it's better to burn fuses, when the devs say otherwise, since the less fuses you burn, the more you can revert and hopefully have an emunand. And fyi, you can fix the "boot corruption" with briccmii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended