Jundeezy

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So, i was a lurker and I'm not a good computer guy, so decided to come out with this topic asking for help. I have an R4 and EZ 3-in-1 mix with a 2gb sd card. I made a gba folder and a save folder in order to play some GBA games. So I put in Buu's Fury and Metal Slug Advanced and Super Mario Advanced 4 and these folders/files with weird characters started appearing. I tried deleting them, but it says "Cannot Delete File: Cannot read from source file or disk." I decided to ignore it, but there are like 6 folders and 6 files with weird characters that are undeleteable. Can someone help me with this?

Jundeezy

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Double post
wink2.gif
, but now... when i turn my ds on with the R4 in, it just stays at loading...AHH everything is going crazy
wacko.gif
hate2.gif

Twilight_Prince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem with mine! There were just a bunch of weird files and it said that they were like 32GB total on a 2GB card hahaha
wink2.gif

I'm assuming that you're using the microSD reader that the R4 team gave you, which I believe is known for corrupting the cards. The best way to fix it is to copy all files and folders BESIDES the one with the corrupt files to your hard drive, format your card to FAT or FAT16, then copy your files back.

To avoid problems in the future, I suggest using an SD adapter (like this and a regular memory card reader.
smile.gif

Hope this helps!

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly what he said. The included microSD reader is crap. Buy a better one. As far as fixing your problem, backup only your most important files and format the microSD.

Twilight_Prince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, backup everything you want, because formatting erases everything. Then go to My Computer, and right-click on whatever drive it is (E:/R4DS or whatever yours is), and select format. In the window that pops up, select FAT (not FAT32, although it doesn't make much of a difference), name it whatever you want under 'Volume Label', make sure 'Quick Format' is unchecked, then hit 'Start'. However, you should format it with an adapter that you buy, not the thing that you have (you don't want to permanently screw up your card).

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Another thing you could try is running error checking on it (in windows rightclick the drive, properties and tell it to fix anything weird automatically). Might not be much help if the computer can't see the card at all though...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs