Weird feeling when you finish a game, anime...etc

Zeliga

One step closer.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I finished watching the medabots anime and I got this sad weird feeling. Did anyone get that feeling, and if you did tell me :D

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
Pretty much the same:
Sad feeling when a game/anime ends and there is no continuation (TWEwY, Sword Art Online) and a rage-y feeling when a continuation does exist, but it will take forever to be translated in English/released in Europe (that is the situation mostly with Japanese games, for example, Dangan Ronpa 2).

Zeliga

One step closer.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I get that after finishing something long that I rather enjoyed, be it games, series or books. Usually finishing games makes me feel more accomplished than sad though.

Yeah, but games like pokemon, GTA.. etc dont give me that feelin' because you can play them anytime.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, but games like pokemon, GTA.. etc dont give me that feelin' because you can play them anytime.
It's one of the reasons why I like music games: they never end <3 (almost literally in the case of osu and its thousands of available songs)

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always say, "I finished a game? Time to move on to something else before I replay this game." Of course the exceptions to this (to the best of my knowledge) are The $1000000 Pyramid *shudders* and Skyward Sword. Blech, never playing those games again.

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fate/Stay Night is one of my favorite anime but i hate the ending
Why can't Saber not die and stay with Shirou

Just finished watching Gatchaman Crowds yesterday and i also hated the ending

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I remember finishing the Clannad movie...
That was certainly a weird feeling. I never knew I could feel so violated by a piece of media before. The indiana jones south park episode is a good example of the level of violation.
True Tears also felt a little like that.

For good games I always get a weird feeling of satisfaction, happiness and sadness. Especially story driven ones. Could never describe how I felt when I finished Valkyria Chronicles and watched the ending scenes.

If it's good, you'll get feels when you finish it (and some during of course). What those feels are like depend entirely on the emotional direction of it.

Tales of Vesperia probably was my most epic of satisfaction feels, thanks to the absolutely epic boss fight I faced and very, very, very narrowly won. Felt great after I beat it even if I was sad it was over.

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I remember finishing the Clannad movie...
That was certainly a weird feeling. I never knew I could feel so violated by a piece of media before.

cQXP114.jpg

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
When I finish a big game I've been working at for days, sometimes even weeks, there's always a brief moment of '...well shit, now what?'. Then I look at the other parts of the huge backlog of games I've yet to finish and think 'I fucking love my life' and crack on with the next project.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
It depends. if is a game that I have played in a long time then I feel like "YEAH, I FINALLY FINISHED THIS, NOW GO TO HELL I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!!!!" or if is a game that I enjoyed until the last moment(Golden Sun saga for example) I fell anxious like "YEAH, NOW WERE IS THE SECUEL OF THIS?!!?!?!??!!??!" and if is a more short game is a "yeah did it, what's next on the list??". that's why I play many games at the same time, that way I can dump my rage playing more and that's why rhythm and fighter games master race, they never end.
anime is a different thing, you end up attached to the characters and fells sad knowing that is gonna end, that is enhanced if is a bad or sad open end. I let a tear out of my eyes in the last episode of Gunslinger Girl(then I read the manga and learned a lot of other things like that the anime has the episodes shuffled for dramatic effect but that's another story) and I felt pretty bad after finishing Shana 2nd and the third season was nowhere to be seen, I'm feeling the same way now with Chuu2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame: