Weird feeling when you finish a game, anime...etc

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Zeliga, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Zeliga
    OP

Zeliga One step closer.

Sep 28, 2013
    Kalos
    I finished watching the medabots anime and I got this sad weird feeling. Did anyone get that feeling, and if you did tell me :D

2. Xexyz

Xexyz GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz

Jul 29, 2013
    United States
    沖縄県
    I get that feeling after watching every single episode of a TV show (simpsons, family guy, american dad, south park, or finishing a game.

Riyaz and Rokusho like this.
  3. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    I get that after finishing something long that I rather enjoyed, be it games, series or books. Usually finishing games makes me feel more accomplished than sad though.

Rokusho, ßleck, Rydian and 2 others like this.
  4. Thanatos Telos

Thanatos Telos random stuff

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Persona 4 is probably one of the few things that have caused me to feel that way.

GamerzHell9137 and Riyaz like this.
  5. ilman

ilman Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser

Jul 25, 2010
    Shibuya
    Pretty much the same:
    Sad feeling when a game/anime ends and there is no continuation (TWEwY, Sword Art Online) and a rage-y feeling when a continuation does exist, but it will take forever to be translated in English/released in Europe (that is the situation mostly with Japanese games, for example, Dangan Ronpa 2).

Rokusho and Riyaz like this.
  6. Zeliga
    OP

Zeliga One step closer.

Sep 28, 2013
    Kalos
    Yeah, but games like pokemon, GTA.. etc dont give me that feelin' because you can play them anytime.

7. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Closing the chapter of that game.
    Opening a new game.

8. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    It's one of the reasons why I like music games: they never end <3 (almost literally in the case of osu and its thousands of available songs)

9. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    Wisconsin
    Yeah, I get that feeling when I finish a good anime, like Elfen Lied or MM!.
    But I never get that feeling for games. They're a fun chore to me.

10. beta4attack

beta4attack GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 16, 2011
    The world that never was
    I know how that feels... It's always like "That's it? I just finished the game....? Aww man..." accompanied with sadness and goosebumps XD

MEDABOTS FOR THE WIN! 8D

11. calmwaters

calmwaters Cat's best friend

May 27, 2013
    United States
    happy land
    I always say, "I finished a game? Time to move on to something else before I replay this game." Of course the exceptions to this (to the best of my knowledge) are The $1000000 Pyramid *shudders* and Skyward Sword. Blech, never playing those games again.

12. emigre

emigre Oh Jeremy Corbyn

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    London
    When I feel this is sad or empty feeling after finishing a gaem, that's a sign the gaem was something special.

Boy12 and weavile001 like this.
  13. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Spooky cute.

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Ever watched Angel Beats?
    Finishing that is a mixed bag of feels.

Arras likes this.
  14. dragonblood9999

dragonblood9999 GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 27, 2007
    Canada
    Fate/Stay Night is one of my favorite anime but i hate the ending
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Just finished watching Gatchaman Crowds yesterday and i also hated the ending

15. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    I remember finishing the Clannad movie...
    That was certainly a weird feeling. I never knew I could feel so violated by a piece of media before. The indiana jones south park episode is a good example of the level of violation.
    True Tears also felt a little like that.

For good games I always get a weird feeling of satisfaction, happiness and sadness. Especially story driven ones. Could never describe how I felt when I finished Valkyria Chronicles and watched the ending scenes.

If it's good, you'll get feels when you finish it (and some during of course). What those feels are like depend entirely on the emotional direction of it.

Tales of Vesperia probably was my most epic of satisfaction feels, thanks to the absolutely epic boss fight I faced and very, very, very narrowly won. Felt great after I beat it even if I was sad it was over.

16. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    I'm going to be feeling it for a week after Breaking Bad ends tonight.

:(

17. dragonblood9999

dragonblood9999 GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 27, 2007
    Canada
    [​IMG]

18. ShawnTRods

ShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 26, 2011
    London
    This "weird feeling" that you speak of.. describe it?
    You feel like "that cant be the end o.O" dont you?

Anime tend to finish that way..(mostly)

Sakitoshi likes this.
  19. Blaze163

Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

Nov 19, 2008
    Coventry, UK
    When I finish a big game I've been working at for days, sometimes even weeks, there's always a brief moment of '...well shit, now what?'. Then I look at the other parts of the huge backlog of games I've yet to finish and think 'I fucking love my life' and crack on with the next project.

20. Sakitoshi

Sakitoshi everything is going according the plan...

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    behind a keyboard or a gamepad
    It depends. if is a game that I have played in a long time then I feel like "YEAH, I FINALLY FINISHED THIS, NOW GO TO HELL I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!!!!" or if is a game that I enjoyed until the last moment(Golden Sun saga for example) I fell anxious like "YEAH, NOW WERE IS THE SECUEL OF THIS?!!?!?!??!!??!" and if is a more short game is a "yeah did it, what's next on the list??". that's why I play many games at the same time, that way I can dump my rage playing more and that's why rhythm and fighter games master race, they never end.
    anime is a different thing, you end up attached to the characters and fells sad knowing that is gonna end, that is enhanced if is a bad or sad open end. I let a tear out of my eyes in the last episode of Gunslinger Girl(then I read the manga and learned a lot of other things like that the anime has the episodes shuffled for dramatic effect but that's another story) and I felt pretty bad after finishing Shana 2nd and the third season was nowhere to be seen, I'm feeling the same way now with Chuu2.